Blackberry Storm

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
4 Pearls, all warranty, and on the 3rd Storm, again on warranty and now switched to the Tour and LOVE IT!! The Tour has been the best one so far...I am a heavy user 4400+ minutes per month and around 100 emails a day. I use the heck out of it, and no issues. I had to upgrade to the 'unofficial' ver 5 OS but after that the Tour Rocks!

Bold and Iphone are decent consumer phones but not geared for the business user...Also both are on the new HSPA network and will have zero service outside of AB for the time being. I work in SK on a regular basis and cannot have a phone that shuts off when you hit the border.

If you are in need of BB info, check out Crackberry.com. All the info in the world is there including OS downloads, leaks, and new phones...

albertasummitx

Reaction score
had the tour for work,liked it except sim card kept saying rejected - took it out as i dont plan on travelling to china. just bought the new curve that came out yesterday,shoulda stuck with another tour,graphic;s are sub par on the games,no flash for the camera and it feels CHEAP lol.but for 300$ outright purchase cant go wrong i guess

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the BB Storm and it had some issues, dropping calls was the biggest complaint. Telus replaced it in November with a new one....did't notice much improvement and seemed as slow as the last one.

In December I got the Storm II and after almost 2 months I can say I am happy with it. It is much faster, doesn't freeze up, I drop fewer calls....its been a good phone overall. I use about 2500 miutes per month plus 30+ emails per day so it must be reliable and this one has proven to be so far. I can usually go the whole day on a one battery charge(thats with bluetooth, GPS and WiFi all enabled). So thats why I like it and would the I phone do this....probably.

I have a coworker with an I-phone and she hates it - always dropping calls but my nephew has one and loves it......go online and you will find every brand is going to have its lovers & haters of the product and usually for different reasons.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I have an "otterbox" for mine, makes the phone bulky but the belt clip that comes with it is tough and stays on. If it weren't for the otterbox I'm sure I would have had to replace the phone at least twice by now.... makes getting at the battery a pain in the azz but I would not be without one from now on....

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a long chat with telus last night. They will not exchange the phone for a different model. If I have a problem with that then I need to contact Blackberry directly. They did offer me a credit of $250 towards the purchase of a new phone or I can just sign a 3 yr contract and get a free phone.....I don't do 3 yr contracts.

Looks like they can just keep warrantying this POS untill it expires then I can look at changing. Who knows, maybe wind mobile will have something interesting to look at by then

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are some big changes coming to mobile service in Canada. Might want to stay away from long term contracts till then. Some new competitors and some changes to existing companies. Should be better for consumers.

I have a Curve. Pretty happy with it. Palm Pre intrigues me.

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are some big changes coming to mobile service in Canada. Might want to stay away from long term contracts till then. Some new competitors and some changes to existing companies. Should be better for consumers.

I have a Curve. Pretty happy with it. Palm Pre intrigues me.

ok ZRrr. What have you heard? They have been talking about big change for the last 18 months

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok ZRrr. What have you heard? They have been talking about big change for the last 18 months

i know sasktel is upgrading because they are like all of Saskatchewan and in the dark ages still and going to a simm card. about time....black berry for working pop the card in a cheap phone for sledding and clubbing hahah

Top Bottom