Blackberry Storm

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the blackberry storm? i am on my 3rd one since sept.:rant: I just got this replacement last week and I am already having issues. Telus will be getting a call from me tonight about them switching me to a different model. Has anyone else had problems? What blackberry has worked good for you?

hogster008

Reaction score
I had a pearl from bell. It worked well for me but I did not recieve many emails which will clog it up

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I run the curve, its been a great phone, the reason I bought the Curve is I was told by the mobility dealer that the storm is buggy, this was a month after it came out. I know my GF has a storm as does my dad, the gf's likes to turn off at random, and I'm not sure if my dad's had many issues with his or not.

Lots of new BB's coming out though, I'd just stay away from the touch screen.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the curve, and get probley 30 email aday and never have an issue. Once a week do a battery pull{if i remember} never had an issue

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wifes got a curve i think it is, gets about 30+ emails a day, freekin thing is always buzzing. haven't had a single issue with it in 1 yr since she got it.

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wifes got a curve i think it is, gets about 30+ emails a day, freekin thing is always buzzing. haven't had a single issue with it in 1 yr since she got it.

i bet she likes the buzzing...dosnt she magnet....;)

i have heard good things about the curve....may end up just getting that one for myself also

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had the curve, bold, world edition and finally the storm. The storm is the only one that I had issues with. This is both with Telus and Bell (work and personal). My favorite was the world edition but for everyone its different. Even the Storm 2 is having issues so I would stay away from anything that has the touch screen.

Good Luck.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had 5 8830 World Editions, the mini USB port kept breaking down on me, then I bought a Storm and kept it 1 month before giving it away to my wife it has been running flawlessly ever since. After the Storm I got a Tour and am on my third one of those, the first two kept locking up on me all the time probably a programming thing, the third is running fine so far. My next phone will be the Iphone, these Blackberrys don't cut it as far as I'm concerned. I'm going to take them all to a lake and see if I can get them to skip.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the first storms had some major issues......a girl has one at work and shes has no issues. and its alot better not that she updated the opperating system.

im waiting till sasktel gets the storm2....its thiner and has 5 electrical contacts behind the screen instead of one large button in the middle. it also has wifi so you can update and download stuff not on your data plan.

i would get a normal one but my fingers are on the edge of being to big for a normal desktop computer keyboard.... the bold has nice big buttons and so does the tour and i think sasktel cant get the bold.

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a good thread - I need to upgrade before May and I was considering the Storm II or an Iphone. I was leaning toward the Storm II but now I am concerned since reading all the comments. I have the same issues - too big of fingers to operate a normal Krzr phone - need the larger keypad.

:)

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NOW THE RINGER JUST DIED ON THIS POS. ITS SO QUIET YOU CAN BARLEY HEAR IT...AND I HAVE IT SET ON 10:mad:

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i've been using the BB Tour for at least 3months now, no issues yet.

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my boss just got the iphone. he likes it. i want to stick with blackberry as all the managers at all the stores have 1 and instant messenger is a great way for us to communicate.

tasco

Reaction score
I've had my storm for about a year now. I find that if to many apps are running batery drains fast. I need to do a battery pull alt least once a week, sometimes daily depends on how much fooling around I do with it. some days the phone decides it needs to freeze up, just when I need it, and other days it works flawlessly.

I am up in the air as if I will get an other blackberry when my contract come up for renewal, I will see what is available at that time.

I am not disapointed in my storm. I am now used to typing on my screen and can reply to emails quite well.

PEAK SEEKER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a pearl had it for about a month no problems yet, everything about it is way better than a normal flip phone. When I got it the guy at the dealer said he refuses to sell storms because they are returned so often.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone have a otterbox? We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com .....they are $50 for the top of the line but man it gives your phone alot of protection. i have teh sanyo army grade phone and i threw it and hit a table bounced hit the railing then fell 9 feet to a concrete pad and it didnt break. the otter box is kind of the same thing as my phone but my phone the hard plastic case and rubber outer is built on. this is the longest lasting phone ive owned and im the hardest on it yet. all my other phones i babied and the broke so im deffently getting a otterbox for mine.

the wife has the i phone, shes on her second. the first one i ran over with my truck and the screen was all cracked but it still worked. her newest is the 3g and she dropped it on to a tiled floor and it cracked teh screen too, shes been using it for months and it still works. if she would have had a otterbox on it, it probably would have been fine.... i find the iphone great and you can even get a snowcross game for it now and the flick fishing is awsome. only down fall is she has to charge it almost everyday.

Top Bottom