Bill 6

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I don't understand is....the NDP agree that this bill needs to be changed and they are willing to listen to all parties over the next few months to ensure it is done correctly....but what I don't understand is Notley just announced that they will still proceed with passing the legislation now and amend it later.....why are they so intent on forcing it through now???

What is the hurry with getting this bill passed now vs doing it right and processing it at a later date? They have a majority mandate....they have 42 months to put this through....what is the reason for ramming it through now when they know it needs many changes???

Why piss everyone off for no reason?

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She wants to ram it before the recall election so she finishes screwing them.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think we have recall in Alberta, do we?
Yes we do, the bill is in second reading.

BC also does but not before 18 months after an election.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are so F%cked everyone and after only 6 months. 3-1/2 years to go. Something is going to have to be done!!

You are right, more petitions, more rants , just can't quit bitchin, We need to be vocal, as pacifists we are screwed

800HMX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are so F%cked everyone and after only 6 months. 3-1/2 years to go. Something is going to have to be done!!
Unfortunately nothing is going to happen. The NDP will get all their programs, tax and changes out early in their term. Hopefully people won't forget and make the same mistake next time - 42 months to go.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was done before with Joe Clark. It can be done again.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A recall is a recall minority or majority and hopefully we can get a prime minister for the people.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A recall is a recall minority or majority and hopefully we can get a prime minister for the people.

Sure. But a parliamentary non-confidence motion is not a recall. Apples to oranges. While we're at it, a provincial Premier is not a Prime Minister either.

Last edited:

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Im sure there is no recall with a majority. Joe Clarke example was a minority government. Way different!! Also that was at the federal level.

I do believe if we put heavy pressure on our MLA's (Especially NDP MLA's) is the way it has to be done in this situation, because we do have a very serious situation upon us!! Going to have to be done at the constuents level.

Trust me, I'm a business owner and it doesn't look good at all and for several years I'm thinking!! Very concerned and possibly on the verge of closing shop. That puts more families on UI!! ??????????????

Last edited by a moderator:

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im sure there is no recall with a majority. Joe Clarke example was a minority government. Way different!! Also that was at the federal level.

I do believe if we put heavy pressure on our MLA's (Especially NDP MLA's) is the way it has to be done in this situation, because we do have a very serious situation upon us!! Going to have to be done at the constuents level.

Trust me, I'm a business owner and it doesn't look good at all and for several years I'm thinking!! Very concerned and possibly on the verge of closing shop. That puts more families on UI!! ??????????????

a non confidence vote has happened a few times in federal politics...even happened to Stephen Harper in 2011.....he was forced to call an election and he got voted back with a majority

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because there is no chance of it becoming a hazardous atmosphere.

Not like your standard vessel entry in the patch.
Not true. Grain dust can be highly explosive. Lots of elevators have gone up in flames. Also the dust is very bad for the lungs. Similar to silicosis that can be gotten from silica sand dust. So right there you have fire, explosion, and health risks.

Definition of confined space is any enclosed area with limited access and/or space. Even if it only holds water it's considered a confined space if it meets the above criteria.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
add a grain vac and you have more air transfer then if you were outside on a hot day. You don't understand.

That's a controlled medium that can fail or may not be in place at all seeing as there is no regulation for it and therefore cannot be relied on.

Obviously you've never taken a confined space course.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a controlled medium that can fail or may not be in place at all seeing as there is no regulation for it and therefore cannot be relied on.

Obviously you've never taken a confined space course.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

give me a break, have you ever been in a grain bin? If its that phuckin bad I will just step out of the door. I move 200000 bushels every year. I need no mask because there is no dust. Don't believe me come join me. A lot has changed since the days of augers and shovels. I have a shovel but it hangs in the shop for picking up the pile of dirt I sweep up.

Top Bottom