Bikeman Performer Kit

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the bolt on performer kit from Bikeman on the 800R? Sounds decent for what it is.

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what type of gains do you figure you had? I am doing a full rebuild after Christmas and am wanting to hop it up a bit. Either this kit or take it to Ralph in valleyview for complete porting head shave but will need av gas aftrt

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im sure that would be a decent improvement. I have a hard time believing it would outrun an 860 like Maxwell says but i have been amazed before. How much is Ralph cutting the heads down? If he didnt cut it down a ton you wont have to run av gas. Personally id go with the porting and head cut but then you still have clutch work to do after thats done. The bikeman kit sounds like a bolt on and forget about it kinda deal which is never a bad thing either.

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya for sure. I am redoing my crank bearings so it is a complete tear down anyway so I just want to find a reliable upgrade I do at the time. Av gas doesn't scare me as long as it is reliable.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It comes with a clutch kit, head,y pipe, reeds, stinger

no stinger in the kit. just the clutch kit, boyesen reeds, y pipe and either low or high altitude head. I just talked to them last week and they found through testing that the R motor actualy likes low compression so dont really need to go with the high head and it works best with the stock pipe.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im sure that would be a decent improvement. I have a hard time believing it would outrun an 860 like Maxwell says but i have been amazed before. How much is Ralph cutting the heads down? If he didnt cut it down a ton you wont have to run av gas. Personally id go with the porting and head cut but then you still have clutch work to do after thats done. The bikeman kit sounds like a bolt on and forget about it kinda deal which is never a bad thing either.

I should rephrase that. It out ran my 860 which is an absolute turd no better than stock. I'm sure some 860 may smoke this kit.

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats the kit worth? And as for the stinger, im guessing they did some testing and figured out what backpressure their head liked the best therefore makes the whole thing happiest?

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I literally just ordered the kit 10 minutes ago. Cost me $956 without the clutch kit.

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks shoppingcart, something to look into but seeing how I just bought a new track and skid might not happen for a while

Devo

Reaction score
For those that have installed this kit, did you change jetting? Also any issues or bolt on and go? I just installed the Bikeman performer kit and can't seem to get sled to idle? Any suggestions? Thanks

Devo

Reaction score
For those that have installed this kit, did you change jetting? Also any issues or bolt on and go? I just installed the Bikeman performer kit and can't seem to get sled to idle? Any suggestions? Thanks
Sorry - I'm running a 2010 XP

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I dropped two jet sizes but thats due to my domes being soaked wet and black, dropped two sizes and going to test from there. Right in the instructions for the rave valves with the kit it says to drop the mains 1-2 sizes. Also there are needle shims taped to the bottom of the box but doesnt mention in any instructions about shimming the needle, although the xp's are lean in the mid range from stock. I'm talking on an 09.

Devo

Reaction score
Yeah saw that. Was hoping kit would inlclude jets if required, so had me guessing. Re-checked boxes and no needle shims for me. I'm headed out after Xmas - will give it a whirl with stock jetting and go from there??

Thanks for info!

NotoriousNRB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no stinger in the kit. just the clutch kit, boyesen reeds, y pipe and either low or high altitude head. I just talked to them last week and they found through testing that the R motor actualy likes low compression so dont really need to go with the high head and it works best with the stock pipe.

well that sounds good to me! means i ordered all the right stuff for my rebuild... going back together after new years.

Top Bottom