Big Wheel Kit Questions

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
back up better in the powder. But that’s about it. All the sleds come with pretty big wheels compared to the 2000’s

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mostly just bling IMO. They say it reduces rolling resistance but I've never noticed. My Alpha with the 10" wheels does back up in pow pretty well though so maybe some improvement in reversing. That's for when I run out of talent and nearly kiss a tree but hammer the brakes just barely in time and have a ski on each side lol. Or my superior route finding skills lead to me a wall of trees with no outlet.

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every bit helps the alpha has the least resistance and puts that 800 power down competitively. We can push cold sleds off the deck and the cat rolls down others not so much. A circle rolls better then a oval

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blang blang, can run the track a little looser def dont rachet like the other g5s it does roll easier but its a pricey option i went 9s on my g5 brother running 10s on his cat
IMG_2657.png

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The main thing I noticed was the sled backs up better in snow with the 10" wheels

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went to a big wheel kit specifically for 2 things. First as said earlier, it makes the sled back up better in the powder. Secondly I was having an issue with some tracks that bulged really bad at the rear wheels and actually had 2 replaced under warranty due to splitting. The big wheels will distribute the forces more evenly. And yes the tracks turn easier but you probably won't feel that when riding.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
blingage mostly. if they looked exactly like factory wheels hardly any would sell.

Got Juice?

Reaction score
Track spools up a lot faster w the bigger wheels. Less resistance and a much shallower track angle.

really like them in technical areas.

Top Bottom