Big bores.

Farmer88

Reaction score
So I'm wanting to build either a big bore or a turbo but I'm leaning more towards a big bore. So I was wondering who has one and what has your experience been?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nephew is running Trygstad's and I have to say it is very impressive. Easy to tune and bulletproof so far.

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Have had fantastic performance out of the Bikeman 880. Have had one in an 08 800R for a few years now and still runs awesome! I will more than likely be putting the BMP860 in my XM over the summer also!! ;)

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just installed Trygstad 872 in my 2013. Only about 130km so far, but it is awesome. Alot of torque and very responsive. Gotta dial in clutching, and break in more (Dave said power will increase the more it breaks in :)). Great guy to deal with.

Farmer88

Reaction score
Young-gun do you feel the investment was worth it? How much better then stock does it go?

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I feel it was worth it. The fact power is going to increase more as it breaks in, going to really rip. I compare it to "going from my stock 04 rev 800HO to the 800Etec" in power change. Very noticeable change. I find that it really shows its self when you get it loaded up in deep snow, flat landing with marginal snow doesn't do it justice. I was jumping from mine to a stock (with can etec), the power curve is much more abrupt. Power comes on harder and faster than stock.

Young-gun do you feel the investment was worth it? How much better then stock does it go?

Last edited:

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I feel it was worth it. The fact power is going to increase more as it breaks in, going to really rip. I compare it to "going from my stock 04 rev 800HO to the 800Etec" in power change. Very noticeable change. I find that it really shows its self when you get it loaded up in deep snow, flat landing with marginal snow doesn't do it justice. I was jumping from mine to a stock (with can etec), the power curve is much more abrupt. Power comes on harder and faster than stock.

Have you noticed a fuel consumption change much or not enough riding yet?

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only about 150km on it so far, going to mcbride this weekend. Will let ya know how it goes. Had break-in reset on it, so using lots of oil.

Have you noticed a fuel consumption change much or not enough riding yet?

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had sled in renshaw last weekend, and WOW! Gonna have to do some suspension work now. Once you point up a hill front starts to lift a lot, and if you are in some powder it feels like she wants to come over on me. Between big bore and the TSS-04 team clutch it is a whole new animal. Fuel consumption was similar to stock, oil is quite high (but in break in mode for another 100k or so).

Dave Trygstad

Trygstad Motorsports
Reaction score
Young Gun
Every time you ride it I will just get better even after breakin , some claim after 400 miles they settle in, Sorry for lack of peak performance til then but
longevity is what we build into our products also, Some summits with 3-4000 miles,( never touched or a code) Just keep loading primary!
Enjoy!

Dave Trygstad
Home Page

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From beginning of trip to the end i could feel things loosening up. I am really pleased so far, and its only going to get better.

Young Gun
Every time you ride it I will just get better even after breakin , some claim after 400 miles they settle in, Sorry for lack of peak performance til then but
longevity is what we build into our products also, Some summits with 3-4000 miles,( never touched or a code) Just keep loading primary!
Enjoy!

Dave Trygstad
Home Page

gordo907

Reaction score
anyone got any opinions on the rktek 860 for the etec. looking at high or low elevation head.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone got any opinions on the rktek 860 for the etec. looking at high or low elevation head.
I have a kit From Brent Linderman and a kit from Jaws in two sleds. Both are working awesome. Both are 860 pump gas (13 -1)

Top Bottom