Big Bore Kit For 900 RMK

Hylode

Reaction score
Hey all I was wondering if any one out there would know of a reputable dealer or machine shop that builds or supplies a Big Bore Kit for a 900 RMK.

:feedback:

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Carls Cycle builds a 975 it is bullet proof. The problem with Jack is that he will not put dino #'s on their engines. But you will not be disappointed, worth a call for sure.

Hylode

Reaction score
I talked to Chris from Carls perf. and he gave me the specs . Is there anyone In Canada ?

mtndoctor

Reaction score
the 975 big bore kit has seizco pistons, I wouldn't do it. call Terra Alps Racing
they have a good porting and head set up for it, they also have 975 pistons on the shelf with 400 miles on them that are toast. so unless you want to change pistons every 400 miles do the porting and head kit. with reliable stock pistons.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 975 big bore kit has seizco pistons, I wouldn't do it. call Terra Alps Racing
they have a good porting and head set up for it, they also have 975 pistons on the shelf with 400 miles on them that are toast. so unless you want to change pistons every 400 miles do the porting and head kit. with reliable stock pistons.

Why are they toast???? Lets see some pics.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NOW end it.................back to the regularly scheduled program.
BIG BORE KIT FOR 900RMK

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope your not sharing your popcorn Snotty, lord only know's what kind of butter you put on it.....and the M&M thing.... you sure you putting them in at the starting line, and not the finishing line????????:yikes:

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why big bore a 900 rmk when you could just buy a stock Doo and be done with it.:rolling:

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cmon now seriously, id really like to see why these pistons are so called TOAST. What failed piston,operator what??? Its easy to say something is chit but PROVE IT!!!:eek:

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or better yet WHY are they on TERRA ALPS shelf.... setup maybe??? Ted can you explain a little better for all of us, as i understand it you are quite an established engine builder.

thankyou

Deano:)

Terra Alps Racing inc.

Reaction score
Deano if want to see some pics of them email me, and I'll send you pics of them, I have a bunch of seizcos on the shelf from other builds.
they seize because there a low silicone content which is the hardness of a piston material, the cast pistons have 10+ times more silicone content. they have thin piston skirts, then collaspe, start to rock and the damage starts.
400 miles ain't bad,

I get alot of calls from people with other bigbores going thru a couple sets of pistons a year, wishing they had my kits with the cast pistons I use.
we have changed some cat 990's and 1000's from other builders to our 975 kit with cast pistons, all the 975's we have done are still running none have went down. reliable.

if anyone is interested in the porting and head kit for the 900 rmk call me for info. you can talk to people that have the kit and it works, theres alot of work involved, but they haul azz! can't take a 900 fusion motor and expect it to work in the mtns in a rmk? don't know what they were thinking.

I was going to build a 1020 kit for the 900 rmk's but a lack interest for it maybe 4-6 kits a year is not worth it, I was going to use a cast piston so it would have been reliable.

I use cast pistons in all my big bores, check out our website for most of the kits we build.

Ted,
Terra Alps Racing Inc.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ted no doubt your a educated man, whats the deal with your co hert mtn doctor:confused:

Hylode

Reaction score
Well it seam that there a few opinions about this Kit , one say's it's bullet proof , and another say's Chit ! Has anyone have any hard proof about the kit ?

dmj1

Reaction score
I would go with porting and head mod from ted at terra alps racing
I have over 2800 km aprox on my set up from TED.
ported polished slp head mod 06 pistons 06 slp pipe and y pipe.
custom tunnel chain case drop and rolled chromoly a arms ,rear u cooler
lightweight hood and boondocker noss. I would say the engine make a respectful 175 hp
with out noss. pulls really hard in the mountain and gives me a smile all day log.

Ted does top quality work in his shop and has an endless knowledge of engines and mods.I have been working on and modifying sleds for 20 yrs now and Ted is by far the most knowledgeably builder I have come across.the tunnels that Ted biulds are perfection and every detail is given alot of thought.

Hylode

Reaction score
Well I made up my mind , it's terra Alps
Thnx Ted :giterdone:

Hylode

Reaction score
Well the beast lives again thanx to Ted @ Terra Alps :beer:, this is one Helluva guy, great to talk with ,and great to deal with :beer::beer: and his work is sweeeeet , now that I have my top end done , it's the tunnel next year . See you in July Ted ! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beerchug: the next time I roll threw I hope to have more time to have a road pop :beer:

Top Bottom