BFG A/T KO2's or Cooper Discoverer A/T3's?

WCTHEMI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, need some new tires for my half ton, have it narrowed down to these two options. Just looking for feedback from those that are running them. Leaning more towards the BFG due to the snowflake rating, but would like to hear some opinions before I shell out the cash.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't speak for the BFG'S, but the coopers are a great tire. We have them on a few company trucks and I put them on my sons as well.

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the coopers, they're great and I believe they would actually be pretty good in the winter, as they have a fairly soft rubber compound with lots of sipes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the coopers. Very happy with them in snow and on ice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
General at2 is another option.... They are also snowflake designated. Have 2 larger fleet accounts and that is all they both use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've used the bfg for years, best all around tire, also had a fleet use them

Not a mud tire, not a winter tire, not a highway tire

But best for them all without being bias for one

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I like the Coopers as well. Been great to me. Not a fan of the BFG's AT ALL. Seem to always have some sort of issue with them. I ran Toyo Open Country C/T last winter. They're also an all terrain that are snowflake rated and studdable. I had them studded as they're strictly winter tires for me. VERY happy with them as well. And they look pretty wicked too.

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the Coopers on my 1/2 ton dodge. Really impressed with them, quiet on the highway, great in snow and predictable on the ice.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which coopers u running on your dodge 1500? I've been thinking about the zeon ltz

I put those zeon ltz's on my Duramax in 2010, worse tire I had ever bought. Absolutely crap in the winter.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What gibsons said. Terrible tire all around IMO .
Cheap to buy and that is it.

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BFGs I have on my dmax, wont buy them again, not very friendly specifically in the winter. They also ride more stiff than the duratracs I had previously.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
was going to put Toyo Open Country AT2's on the big Dodge, but I've heard mixed reviews of them now.... Thinking I may go back to my tried and tested Michelin LTX M/S2's

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
was going to put Toyo Open Country AT2's on the big Dodge, but I've heard mixed reviews of them now.... Thinking I may go back to my tried and tested Michelin LTX M/S2's

BY FAR my favorite tire I've run on any of my own vehicles. BUT.... I don't run them in the winter, so I can't help you out with any info there.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
BY FAR my favorite tire I've run on any of my own vehicles. BUT.... I don't run them in the winter, so I can't help you out with any info there.

my truck is ONLY used for hauling the toys, therefore it is a winter ran truck, and it ALWAYS has weight on it (2 quads or 2 sleds or 2 quads and travel trailer) The Michelin's were great on our 91 3/4 tonne......

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I was REALLY happy with the studded Toyo C/T's, but again, a seasonal thing. They are a 4 season tire tho. Don't NEED to stud them. Also, I'm not trying to change your mind, just throwin the info out there for everyone.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which coopers u running on your dodge 1500? I've been thinking about the zeon ltz

Never buy these.. have had them on my dodge for 2 years. They are absolute garbage in winter. Scary

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was REALLY happy with the studded Toyo C/T's, but again, a seasonal thing. They are a 4 season tire tho. Don't NEED to stud them. Also, I'm not trying to change your mind, just throwin the info out there for everyone.

These being a new tire for Toyo they are super expensive compared to others out there, recently got pricing for 275/65/20s and it was close to 2k. That being said they have awesome reviews after ~ a year of being out.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do not run Toyo AT2 extremes on any gravel.
Very pricey and will not get over 20000 Kms if running any gravel.
Tears chunks out of tire.
Good tires other than though.

Top Bottom