Snowrideadventures adventure Dec 27 GO WITH THESE GUYS!!

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I recently had the pleasure of riding with Jorli Ricker of Snowrideadventures. It was a trip that I had booked months ago and had long waited and anticipated it. It was a trip that we originally had 4 guys booked for, but only two of us made it due to a disagreement between the guys. It was a trip that was iffy if it would even happen a week and half prior due to low snow conditions.

It was a trip that did not disappoint whatsoever! I had such a great time the whole time. The accomodations (booked for us) were top knotch. The sledding was so close to the accomodations that we were unloading within 20 minutes of leaving. The rates on the rooms were very reasonable and the owner of the B&B Magrit of Greenwood country inn) was great! Super clean and super chill.

One of the great benefits to getting a guide for me was the dining afterwards. Jorli wasn't just a guide that met us on the road and left us on the road. The first day he met us right at the Greenwood, sledded all day, and then he even went the extra mile to take us into Whistler and find us one of the great places to eat. He did this for us each night. And let me tell you he knows the best Italian place to eat outside of Italy. The Italian resteraunt is to die for! No seriously. It is.

Another of the great benefits of a guide for me was when I kissed a tree and smashed my a arm. We tried our best to bandage the old girl up and limp it out and it wasn't happening. Without the a arm, the ski would fold back and dig the front end in and plant the sled. Or the ski would flop out to the side and dig the sled in. Or turn out 90 degrees to the sled. We tried ropes, wire, trees, everything we had and couldn't get it out from where we were. I was down to two options. Heli it out or go get parts and patch it up to get it out. Not liking the heli option, parts was the way to go for me. Only thing the nearest polaris dealership was in Vancouver, and not open by this time. So I could go the next day, miss out on riding, and possibly find out they might not even have another a arm that day.
Jorli phoned up one of his buddies for me. Ben (of squamish) pulled off an a arm off his spare sled for Jorli, so that I was able to limp my sled out, saving me a ton of cash. at the same time, Jorli also lined up a rental sled for the next two days so I was able to enjoy the trip rather than going home. Jorli even took the a arm back to squamish for me since I was heading home the opposite way.

These were a couple of the extra bonuses for me for having a guide. The best reason for me getting a guide was the awesome awesome riding we got. Jorli took us into terrain that pushed my riding skills. The area we went to was untouched. We were the first ones into the zone and the snow was awesome. Jorli definately knew where the best powder was. Remember the group was to be 4 people? The other two guys still came to Whistler. And it seemed that there was almost a competition on facebook of people posting their riding pictures each day so I got to see what the snow looked like where they rode and where we rode.
Where their sleds stopped in their pictures you could still see half their ski loop. We rode in 16" + powder all day every day. Thanks to Jorli. We definately rode the best snow around and we couldn't have been happier. Each day our riding improved thanks to little tips and tricks from Jorli (Mostly in my case from going to a skidoo XM) and each day was better than the one before (also thanks to nothing else getting broke by me).

I'd highly recommend anyone wanting to ride Whistler to go with Snowrideadventures. They are the ones that have gone about it right getting the tenureship (major investment), has great riding ethics, and great guiding practices. Thanks again Jorli!

I really wish that I could post some pictures up, but the whole three pictures I have of the entire trip consist of two shots going through downtown Vancouver on some crazy crazy busy street, and one shot of the road right before the staging area. When the wife asked to see pictures I had to go on Facebook to the other guy that went and show her all his pictures.

snowrideadventures

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowrideadventures.com
Thanks Timber! I had a great time with you guys as well and appreciate the feedback.
10703987_10154983370725035_6728443414437633884_n.jpg 10885166_10154983372005035_6052572285449932072_n.jpg 10897043_10154983370875035_1156461043849669536_n.jpg 10906091_10154983370990035_7719399709796754278_n.jpg

Group of Snowmobilers.jpg A51 pic.jpg snow ride adventure1.jpg

http://youtu.be/35TaQPdqR4E

Tbird

Reaction score
Thank you for the pics and review.
I agree with Maxwell, i dream of being where the 6th pic is taken.

Sent from my Sanwa M12

Top Bottom