Best snow tires. I do not want tracks.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we went out this weekend, my father in law just put some mud bitches on his king quad 450 they chew pretty good...i was impressed...he got the through rej a.k.a mudbitch guy...talk to him he'll set ya up, great guy...

rothelb

Reaction score
i just put kenda executioners on and awsome in the mud and really good in the snow and great with the plow.

Buddman27

Reaction score
I run 28" zillas on a RZR. They are excellent in the fresh pow as well as on the pack as long as you don't dig yourself down to ice. On the creek they are slippy but unless you go studded or chains I'm guessing you run into that with most tires.
Buddman

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a set of swamplites on my Scrambler 500. I run 128 studs into each rear, and 56 into each front. Needless to say, I can hardly spin a tire on the ice in 4 wheel. They are incredible in the deep snow as well. I would highly recommend the tires and studs to anybody wheelin' in the winter.

mrmusker

Reaction score
I have a 2008 yamaha 450 and i want to get a good pair of snow tires beacuse me and my bud do lots of snow riding he has an artic cat 400 with stock tires. Last year when we went riding he got stuck more than me and i pulled him out lots:d But this year i want to do exeptionally good in the snow i was thinking if 26 by 12 mud bugs or 26 by 10 swamp foxes. O and one more thing do not mention anything about tracks beacuse i do not want anything to do with them. :nono:

hi there I have mudzillas and they work great caster land in the north east have alot of different brands and I think the best prices in town too! i had mud bugs they are great in the mud but not in the snow later Darren

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I've got mudlites and its a 500 and no problem! I really like them.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
Pretty much any aftermarket 6ply, over 1' lug, any kind of tread pattern works. Sell alot of different tires to my cust(All of the tires u guys mentioned except Laws and MST's). Ive neven sold sand tires that get used in the snow. There is a snow tire out there made by maxxis (M-910 4-snow) But does not look very aggressive. Stock tires look more aggressive than the M-910.
Good luck and hope this helps.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who said anything about a car? was this just a shameless advertisement plug.. i think so .. reported

blumtn

Reaction score
We ride all winter long in up to 6' of snow. there are about 8 of us that are running 26 or 27x12x12 bighorns. They work very well in the snow. The main factor to riding snow is ground clearance. I just installed a set of 27x12x14 zillas to see if they work as good or better than bighorns.Have not good a good ride in yet to really tell. The other factor to riding snow is 0 air pressure in the tires. good luck.

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
;)
We ride all winter long in up to 6' of snow. there are about 8 of us that are running 26 or 27x12x12 bighorns. They work very well in the snow. The main factor to riding snow is ground clearance. I just installed a set of 27x12x14 zillas to see if they work as good or better than bighorns.Have not good a good ride in yet to really tell. The other factor to riding snow is 0 air pressure in the tires. good luck.[/QUOTE

Oh yeah. LOL

blumtn

Reaction score
Mongrol,
I don't understand your post. Are you implying that my statement is not true?? If so that is to bad, next winter maybe you would be kind enough to travel south of the border and enjoy our mountians with us.

blumtn

Reaction score
Actually it has taken us a few years and some different tires but it is not that hard in our snow conditions. we had a storm come through this winter that dumped about 30" of fresh powder on top of about 3' we allready had, that was a blast because you drove on the old pack and all you could see of the atvs was the handle bars and the driver standing up trying to see where you were going.At the beginning of the snow season it can be a bit tricky getting a round but you just let the air out and practice throttle control and you can get around just about any where you want to go. We have had a couple of guys with tracks in our group and they are immpressive but the cost is a little steep. Some of the utvs are running tracks so they can get to their cabins.Was in the snow yesterday and today but it is hard pack and not much trouble.

Top Bottom