Best snow tires. I do not want tracks.

Yamaha4Life

Reaction score
I have a 2008 yamaha 450 and i want to get a good pair of snow tires beacuse me and my bud do lots of snow riding he has an artic cat 400 with stock tires. Last year when we went riding he got stuck more than me and i pulled him out lots:d But this year i want to do exeptionally good in the snow i was thinking if 26 by 12 mud bugs or 26 by 10 swamp foxes. O and one more thing do not mention anything about tracks beacuse i do not want anything to do with them. :nono:

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the mud bugs on my old Honda and they worked great in the snow. I have also heard that the mudlights or Superlights work quite well in snow as well.

Yamaha4Life

Reaction score
4byrockie Mud lites dont work well at all iv tried them. I have mud lites on order for the summer iv been waiting allmost 2 mounths:rant::mad: for them but i dont think they will or good. Has anyone have the new M.S.T on their quad?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yamaha4Life

Reaction score
BFB Ya i thought of going with those 589`s very hevy tire though i only have a 450 with a couple of goodies. But then i talked to the dealer about them and he said they will work very god with anything under 10-12 inches Or slushie cundisions. But if you go anythihg above 12in of snow they will digg to much:( Thanks for everyone putting in their comments

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
well i have to disagree with you about the mudlites, we have them on our rhino and the are excelnt in the snow, never got stuck with them on, and and tire that is good in sand usaly works well in snow, imo

Yamaha4Life

Reaction score
lightening1000 Ya swamp lites are pretty good in the snow my friends cauzin has them on his yamaha 700 and he pulled me out when i was upto my racks in snow he didnt even have to pull in his whinch he just put his tow hock onto mine and backed up. But i was hoppin that thier was somethin better than swamp lites. And To BibBrute750 Do the outlaws do good in snow? My dealer told me they would be to heavy for my machine and the tires would dig to much?

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like my MudZillas in the snow they work good but i do have the extra power to spin them like crazy, i was playing in 2+ feet of snow last couple of years and never realy got stuck, hills are a little tricky and need a few trys if they arent packed in good,

the mud bugs work good to if you dont have lots of torque to spin them, like if you ride a honda lol sry i had to :d

Yamaha4Life

Reaction score
Ok so maybe ill get the outlaws. If i get a clutch kit with high wieghts do you think ill be able to spin them good? What size of width you guys think i should get? I think 26 by 10 will be fine or should i go with 26by12?:d

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mud lites work great in the snow, hard pack, loose and even shallow powder, my experience anyway. I have nothing to compare them to except the stock tires.:confused: I'm happy with the Mud lites in all snow conditions so far? I have 26 x 10 front, 26 x 12 rear.

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you are just going to run them in the winter time go 12-12's all the way around you will get better floation and more grip but if you might run them in the summer then get 10-12 for the front and 12-12's for the back, they will be to hard on your front end in the summer.

ya a clutch kit for sure they wake the quad up quite a bit but you do lost top end. EPI or highlifter stay away from dalton thers a reason there 1/2the cost

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your 450 will not turn 26" outlaws in the snow !!! I have them on my 660 grizz with a few mods and I will tell you right now YOU LOOSE POWER. They are great i the mud but a real %%7 to steer do to there agressive tread. I have had bear Claws, Vampires, Mudlights, and outlaws. and to be Honest they have all done well in the snow. As long as you have power to spin you will go. For your 450 I would recomend mudlights or instead of dropping $700 on tires and another $300 I would either get a mudlight rim and tire combo or mudlights and a pipe
my 2c

Top Bottom