Best Deal on a Carryover Cat?

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Rally in PA has been number 1 Polaris sales in western Canada for years. Pines is always close with Martin's for sales except there is only 40k people for them I forgot how many people in edmonton? Lol just saying alot more people per capita ride there.

Im not sure where you are getting your numbers from... But sounds good!

Anyways... Like I said. There are many factors that should be thought of when looking for a "best deal". ALL I was saying. I never said anything about any dealers outselling one or another.

roadlinur113

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rally in PA has been number 1 Polaris sales in western Canada for years. Pines is always close with Martin's for sales except there is only 40k people for them I forgot how many people in edmonton? Lol just saying alot more people per capita ride there.

I grew up out there.....near emma lake. One thing to remember. PA does move a lot of sleds but they don't have much close competition for sales. Probably closest dealers would be 90 miles away in Saskatoon? Here there are probably more than 10 dealers of every brand within 90 miles of edmonton......tends to dilute the amount of machines a single store moves despite more population.

Oh and we have 2 nhl teams here too lol.....well as an Oilers fan I can finally say that again :d

Sask has fantastic hardworking snowmobile clubs all working tirelessly to create and maintain a fantastic groomed trail system. I will probably get scoffed as this is a large amount of mountain specific riders here but the snowmobile experience is incredible in sask. Different riding to be sure but still awesome and some darn nice people who actually LOVE sledders and the economic stimulus the sport brings to the local economy. I truly wish it was more like that here where it feels we are almost scorned by the public.

Last edited:

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I grew up out there.....near emma lake. One thing to remember. PA does move a lot of sleds but they don't have much close competition for sales. Probably closest dealers would be 90 miles away in Saskatoon? Here there are probably more than 10 dealers of every brand within 90 miles of edmonton......tends to dilute the amount of machines a single store moves despite more population.

Oh and we have 2 nhl teams here too lol.....well as an Oilers fan I can finally say that again :d

Agreed. There are much more options to choose from around here! Regardless of brand!

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy crap. Does every thread on S and M turn into a fight these days? Apparently cause I really didn't think me looking for a sled would. But it kinda did. But here's the deal. I am in fact in Dundurn Saskatchewan but rarely, if ever ride here. I ride in BC and Wyoming. My closest dealer is in Saskatoon but to be honest, I wouldn't buy a wheel barrow from them much less a sled. Their sales department is terrible and their parts department is even worse. Never dealt with their service department cause as mentioned before, I do all my own service work. Plus, for some reason, they never seem to have any carryovers. Not too sure why? The boys in Findlater were great but according to this thread, are no longer. Pretty sure they never had carryovers though either. I could look into Regina and PA though. It's just I've noticed way better deals in Alberta for some reason. My last one came from Wainwright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy what you want where you want, this thread is about good pricing and deals to be had. No need to explain yourself Radar78.

I am not sure why a Doo salesman is even in here, but I guess if I was buying a Doo I would buy close to a dealer because I know it would be going in for warranty or recalls.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here comes another "BEST DEAL" post........ What is a deal for you?? Cheapest price a million miles away? Or A great dealership thats going to look after you the best? Or both? Gear? Accessories? Warranty? You are right next door to red deer... They have awesome prices... Why wouldnt you go there.. Be a familiar face and it will pay off in the long run.. Thats a deal. T and T clearly has an awesome rep and I would never say different. Ive just yet to understand why people will drive hours and hours and hours to save a few dollars... Then not bring it back for service ever because its too far.

Give it a fawkin rest already. Maybe because for some of us regular folk.....the difference between getting to have toys or not is getting a good deal on them or not. Not all of us can afford to be "clients". There is more than a few hundred bucks to be saved by shopping around. As I recall there was at least 1500 difference between what I paid for my xms and T3 VS what people I know paid from MMS. You can keep your "relationship"!

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mountains Edge in Sundre. Mike is a great salesman to deal with. Adam in service is knowledgable inside and out with the cats, Steve in parts is overly polite and friendly, quick to get back to you. And Phil the owner is usually on the floor wanting to hear about your last adventure. They have a descent parts accessories department as well.

I feel i got a great deal on the sled purchase, but they have backed up that purchase 10 fold with great service. Before I bought my M8, service and parts help me dial in my m1000. I especially like the try before you buy, I rented a sled to see how the m8 performed, they put some of the rental money toward sled and knocked off another $500 off purchase price. Maybe I shouldn't have said that lol

rmk600700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy crap. Does every thread on S and M turn into a fight these days? Apparently cause I really didn't think me looking for a sled would. But it kinda did. But here's the deal. I am in fact in Dundurn Saskatchewan but rarely, if ever ride here. I ride in BC and Wyoming. My closest dealer is in Saskatoon but to be honest, I wouldn't buy a wheel barrow from them much less a sled. Their sales department is terrible and their parts department is even worse. Never dealt with their service department cause as mentioned before, I do all my own service work. Plus, for some reason, they never seem to have any carryovers. Not too sure why? The boys in Findlater were great but according to this thread, are no longer. Pretty sure they never had carryovers though either. I could look into Regina and PA though. It's just I've noticed way better deals in Alberta for some reason. My last one came from Wainwright.

Moose jaw took the non currents from findlater might be worth a call!

I ride a Doo so I have no ties to a cat dealer at all!

There are a few Doo dealers I won't set foot in.

rmk600700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sask has fantastic hardworking snowmobile clubs all working tirelessly to create and maintain a fantastic groomed trail system. I will probably get scoffed as this is a large amount of mountain specific riders here but the snowmobile experience is incredible in sask. Different riding to be sure but still awesome and some darn nice people who actually LOVE sledders and the economic stimulus the sport brings to the local economy. I truly wish it was more like that here where it feels we are almost scorned by the public.

True story about riding in sask. I live in Alberta but rarely ride here always go east or west. Most people don't realize there is some decent snow to ride in northern sask. It's not mountain deep but enough to play around in at least.

Sorry this is off topic!!

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think there is a cat dealer in bigger

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

This is gonna make me sound like I'm hard to get along with but I do not care for the owner of the AC in Biggar. Very knowledgable but I find him very arrogant.

rmk600700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guessing u have decided to go cat for sure but if u wanted a Doo renegade recreation in meadow lake is blowing out 2016 800 etecs for under 10k.

Kruchy

Reaction score
I know your looking for a cat but if you want a polaris the dealer in sedgwick Alberta has a lot of carry overs and are awsome people

Dutchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not trying to crap on anyone's cheap snowmobile parade.. Everyone likes discounts! All Im saying is there should be a LOT more factors into choosing where to buy a sled than a few hundred bucks. Maybe not to everybody and thats fine... But just simply asking "where is the best deal"... Is a poor way to choose in my opinion. I buy from who supports me..

I like your idea, but where does the dollar sign come into play...$100-$1000- $2000??

FWIW, I purchased my sled from one dealer and service at another. My local dealers were the ones that did not want to drop their prices. I brought them the adds from other dealerships, even showed them a hard quote and they still wouldn't budge. I wasn't even looking to match the $$$, but get into the same ball park.. Every dealer I spoke to had the sled sitting in a crate.
Turns out I drove 3-1/2 hours one way to pick up my new sled. Saved an extra $2000 on the purchase, that is more than a couple bucks and even though I wanted to support the locals, for $2k it was worth the drive. Obviously others were doing the same, there were 4 sleds lined up for pickup. (this was during the summer).
Since then, I have brought the sled into my local shop and they are still happy to get the service work.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd take a low km T3 for $9k over a $9k non current Cat any day. That being said most T3s for sale owners are delusional on the value.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think there is a cat dealer in bigger

Also in North Battleford (Sylvesters), however they might be dropping / losing Cat so not sure how that will affect buying a carryover Cat from them.

Top Bottom