Belt issues

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm getting pretty frustrated with my sled. It's an 02 summit 700. After putting in new short block, kept blowing belts every 300 km or so. So I did clutch alignment myself, barely moved anything since it was close, but still kept blowing belts. Took it to dealer for "professional" belt alignment, still no dice. I am using the correct brp belts that are brand new. Clutches seems to shift properly, and performance is good in all throttle ranges. I have not cleaned clutches lately. Had new clutch spring 2500 km ago in the secondary. Would cleaning help at all? And how do I do it?

I know a lot of people say getting the floating secondary helps, but I've Had this sled since new and never used to blow belts. Usually get at the minimum 1000 km out of one hard riding . Now the ol girl has 6700km and on the second engine, which actually runs stronger than the first. Just annoyed with this issue

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like something is moving under load to mess up the alignment. are the clutches smoking hot? is there a torque stop on those ones.....can't remember, but there is a specific measurement if there is

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the clutches aren't super hot, but the primary is to hot to hold your bare hand on for an extended amount of time. I think the torque stop you are referring to is the adjustment bolt that has a rubber on the end and pushed on the block on pto side right behind the primary. I will double check how it is set, but that was part of the alignment instructions to.

meatbag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beach Corner-Just follow the tracks from the liquo
Sounds weird. I had same sled with NO belt issues. Check engine mounts, alignment x-y-z again, that torque stopper, plus, any binding or sticking of the clutches. Maybe get someone who knows about the TRA to inspect it. Theres only so many things that it can be.

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How are the clutches shifting? With that many km the clutch could need some work. Maybe the rollers or buttons could be worn out?

Sent from my iPhone using

Top Bottom