Belt issues on the 850

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I finally got warranty for my belt- over a month wait. Needed to hook up to BUDS to review run history, and needed pics of clutching/gearing to ensure it was stock. This is the reason I'm worried to add weight and change spring, if you do that then all belts will def be out of pocket. BRP should be getting on a fix quick, before they start losing customers.
You said they wanted to see the clutching and gearing? Does the dealer have to pull clutches apart and chaincase to prove stock calibration? That can't be cheap?

Driftbuster

Reaction score
They took pics of clutch internals, and for gearing I think they took the word of the dealer that the sled was stock. The case file was at a standstill for over a month until I went in there one day and the service manager made a call to BRP and then it was approved that day. Can't complain too much when you get a belt warrantied but goes to show that BRP is hopefully accepting that they have an issue.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They took pics of clutch internals, and for gearing I think they took the word of the dealer that the sled was stock. The case file was at a standstill for over a month until I went in there one day and the service manager made a call to BRP and then it was approved that day. Can't complain too much when you get a belt warrantied but goes to show that BRP is hopefully accepting that they have an issue.
Thats good to hear. Glad to see they are looking at this seriously for the guys experiencing it.

TKrebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine finally took out a belt this past weekend, 615Km, all felt and foam taken out from day one, and drilled a fews holes in the cover, taking the belt to the dealer today!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
SNOPRO JUST POSTED THIS ON ANOTHER THREAD:

"Some promising news on the 850 front today. Talked to Darryl Baker at Racers Edge. He has engineered a fix for the 850 engine motor mounts to stop the engine from moving so much which with his new calibration in the P Drive and Secondary has vastly improved belt life he says. He is now currently working on the bulkhead concerns as well. If you are interested in talking to him give him a call and he can help you out. His number is 1-403-254-8686. It seems the aftermarket guys are always able to move at a quicker pace than the manufacturers. "

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode with a 2017 running the 2018 clutch the other day. Snow was deep dry 3-4 feet. He has been blowing belts all year on #18 now clutch temps were crazy high all year. He had clutching and gearing already, alignment checked and motor mounts checked. With the new clutch in deep snow we rode all of our fuel our jerry cans and had to borrow some fuel and i ran out 5km before the trail head. Testing 2018 clutch and he tryed to make it blow a belt temps were down 30-40 degrees over the 2017 clutch. Temps were still higher then ideal but didn't blow a belt. The average rider with 40 degrees less won't have belt issues at all it's going to be those guys that push the sleds hard and ride 100 days a year that this still isn't going to be quite enough for.

Top Bottom