bellis north natural area

ABOMB177

Reaction score
ANy info on this area? drive by all the time on way to work but dont know if its worth the drive for a afternoon. What is the conditions like? SAND? MUD? MUSTKEG?

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been there a few times. Usually stage at Smoky Lake and take the Iron Horse in. It makes the ride last longer, gives you a chance to feed a bit of speed to your ride, and is pretty scenic in spots. Aircanam is right about it not being a very big area (probably about 3 sq km) North of the highway and it is mostly sand with a couple of skeggy spots. I'd say, with the ride in from Smoky, it's worth checking out at least once for an afternoon ride.

I have never ventured South of the highway but I remember being told that there is considerably more riding out that way - perhaps someone can chime in and confirm that.

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Craneman32, here is two pix of the two areas you are looking for. the Belles Lake Natural Area is just yje small area on the South East corner of the Bellis North Natural Area. The rest of the Bellis Lake is a reserved area.

Bruce.

Attachments

• Bellis North Natural Area.jpg
    Bellis North Natural Area.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 163
  • Bellis Lake Natural Area.jpg
    Bellis Lake Natural Area.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 162

Craneman32

Reaction score
Why is the rest reserved? Not rideable? There is a powerline that crosses the highway there somewhere isn't there. It's very scenic. You see some trails from the highway and I always wonder how much riding you can actually do in there. It's only a hour from the house.

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is the rest reserved? Not rideable? There is a powerline that crosses the highway there somewhere isn't there. It's very scenic. You see some trails from the highway and I always wonder how much riding you can actually do in there. It's only a hour from the house.

I can not answer these questions, I have also seen some trails/markings along hwy 28 near the power line, do not know if the area is private or crown land, lots of burnt trees south of hwy 28 ??? If you go there, stop in Bellis and inquire about the Bellis Lake area, it might be a locale community project???

Bruce.

Top Bottom