Beacon Search - Nov 8th

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Annual Beacon Search
11:00am start
Practice your beacon skills, watch Throttle Decisions and discuss avalanche safety.

Location is the Berkley Gate Nose Hill Parking Lot

https://www.google.ca/maps/@51.1257...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s7rsQ1ynhrRSGihWv50dDxA!2e0

I have 14 people signed up so far, so I will be finding somewhere to go afterwards to watch throttle decisions, discuss and debrief. There will be a special guest leading this years search and I'm hoping to have enough copies of the Throttle Decisions DVD's to give away.

Now I know what you are thinking...well there's hardly any snow in Nose Hill Ever so why practice there?! The reason we go to Nose Hill is it's an easy location for everyone to get to and trust me I can make it hard to find beacons in the brush. This is strictly to practice locating skills, no different than hiding beacons in your house and trying to find them. Just a refresher.

Anywho, hope to get some more people signed up. Cheers! :D :beer:

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you thinking for a place to watch Throttle Decisions after? Could we get access to a Community Centre or something like that?

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you thinking for a place to watch Throttle Decisions after? Could we get access to a Community Centre or something like that?

Only reason I was thinking a pub or restaurant is because I bet we'd be hungry at that point and could get some appies to share or meals then some beverages.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only reason I was thinking a pub or restaurant is because I bet we'd be hungry at that point and could get some appies to share or meals then some beverages.
Oh, that is a good idea. I was thinking Community Centre, as there is usually a BBQ but a pub is a better idea.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what my schedule looks like but if I'm in Cowtown I'd like to attend, especially as this is walking distance from our place.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Krista,
If you need any help with setting up a pub, maybe some S&M influence could help?

Thanks Doug. I am busy as eff right now between school at night and work being balls to the wall so that could be helpful. I will let you know next week. Cheers! :D

Top Bottom