beacon rental? (edmonton or golden)

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am hoping to take the girlfriend on her first trip to the mountains this weekend. i had lined up a beacon for her to use but my buddy forgot we were going and took it up to work with him.

is there anyplace to rent beacons in golden or even edmonton? Id like to make sure she has one on and knows how to use it.

thanks

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I am hoping to take the girlfriend on her first trip to the mountains this weekend. i had lined up a beacon for her to use but my buddy forgot we were going and took it up to work with him.

is there anyplace to rent beacons in golden or even edmonton? Id like to make sure she has one on and knows how to use it.

thanks

I think most dealers (Martin for sure) rent beacons out.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow peak rentals has beacons, one of the ski shops down town also rents, the rest of the sled rentals should have beacons also. Most ret for 10 to 15 per day, you could also see if they have used units for sale.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Echo rents Pieps and they are easy to show someone the basics,They do cost a little more but worth it,My 13 yr old got the hang of it right away.
SoS analog are a little tougher to use and that is what most shops rent!
catmando!

mel.h

Reaction score
Cycle Works also, they usually have a good supply. One is on the south side & the other is at Acheson, North of Hwy. 16 on Hwy. 60.

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just looking in the classifieds and there is abeacon for sale for 175 bucks, if she plans on sledding more it wouldn't be a bad investment.

Top Bottom