BC weight limits

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I appreciate the help on this, even though it is a BC thread. I will still swing by the scale's tomorrow and see what they have to say. I just had a 2014 D5500 weighed there last week. They gave me the total truck weight, and told me to go off of the tire rating. They didn't give a chit about the GAWR..... But like T said, this is in Alberta.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is the sticker on my 2014 F350

IMG_00000131.jpg

I cannot exceed 11500lbs on both axles combined. (GVWR)
I cannot exceed 6000lbs on the front axle.(Front GAWR)
I cannot exceed 7000lbs on the rear axle. (Rear GAWR)

Even though my tires are rated for more than my axles I can still not exceed either the GAWR or the GVWR, as exceeding either is technically a violation of the law.

Although I would still be curious to see what the Alberta DOT says about how and which laws they choose to enforce, but as mentioned before this may not be the case in BC.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the vehicle is ass down don't be surprised if he gets pulled over, RCMP are enforcing this more and more, and if the truck is heavier than the endorsed GVW on his insurance it will be void if he has a wreck, I just talked to an agent about this and raised the GVW on my pickup

Never thought of the insurance, tx for the heads up.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It depends on the Inspector at the scale and how he wants to use the Rule Book and I believe this works in any province

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It depends on the Inspector at the scale and how he wants to use the Rule Book and I believe this works in any province
Slightly off topic..... That is how it works in residential & commercial construction.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The door sticker is what is used for vehicle weight capacity in BC

and there is no luxury tax on anything 1 ton and up

and if I was doing a vehicle inspection and there was P rated tires on a 1 ton it would pass as long as there was enough tread depth on the tires

the law does not come into play until your caught breaking it

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Very interesting thread, if i was anywhere near my legal limit i would get a print out and keep that in my back pocket in case i got pulled over, then it's the CAT Scale's fault or where ever else you went. That rarely happens though as most scales are calibrated biweekly. We have a scale at my work that i can weigh myself, which i need to do with my truck.

And one other thing, you can increase your GVWR but it is a pain, you need to go through engineers and blah blah blah got that one straight from the dot.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I bought my 2013, this is what I found. If the price of the vehicle is over $55,000 the "BC luxury tax" starts at 2% and increases incrementally as the price goes higher. Any of the F350's with a diesel have a "luxury tax".

Wow, They like the retired guys

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I bought my 2013, this is what I found. If the price of the vehicle is over $55,000 the "BC luxury tax" starts at 2% and increases incrementally as the price goes higher. Any of the F350's with a diesel have a "luxury tax".

my F-350 dually had no luxury tax

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They were feelin sorry for yah because they seen you were going to be haulin a Yammy.................. :D

they knew with two Nytros on the deck I needed a 1 ton ;)

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pulled into the golden scales and asked what they look for, they told me that they will look at what the tires are rated for, and then look at the door decal, and then go by the one that is the lowest rated.

Sent from my iPad

Top Bottom