BC to approve Gateway if conditions met.........

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who's talking to you like your an idiot? You may be more concerned about a leak in Skeena but to other people are more concerned about a leak in the lower main land. It's classis NIMBY, or Not In My BackYard.

Absolutely, I dont want it in my back yard. I know the pristine area well that they plan on running it through, I think its a horrible idea. Some of the most isolated country in the world, I can only imagine how fast the response will be to a spill. Add to that the land slides that happen regularly in the area, its a ticking bomb.

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The title of this thread is misleading as hell. The money portion is only one of the components of this, the main parts of this is ensuring that the environmental side of it is addressed. No this is not all about the money, nice try though. On CBC radio yesterday the BC premier stated that these conditions need to be met before BC would "consider approving" this pipeline. It's not a done deal even if Alberta agrees to everything in this proposal.

The people of this province will decide this and not our government. This is the most important issue facing this province right now and if the government doesn't listen to the people they will not be in power long. The Liberals already no what the citizens of this province can do if we feel strongly enough about something they are trying to force feed us (Google "HST in BC").

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ch!t our west coast is starting to sound like some of the east. More More More.

I fully support the enviromental side of it, but that can be dealt with with better materials, testing and regulation. As for more money just to cross, fat chance.

You cant mess with progress, this pipeline will happen, there just to much money pushing it forward.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
You have lots of oil in Nelson eh?.....

Seems to me you wanted to keep the sledding areas for "yourselves" friggin Albertans taxing your gig...

Maybe Alscatchewan should close the borders to raw oil products and buy a chunk of BC with the proceeds...

we need to keep the oil for ourselves !! and watch the world run dry :)

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm from Alberta and don't think this Pipeline is a good idea, but the attitude from the BC government feels like a shakedown. Maybe the land locked provinces to the east should put a tarrif on all the products BC wants to send to market in the rest of Canada!!!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm from Alberta and don't think this Pipeline is a good idea, but the attitude from the BC government feels like a shakedown. Maybe the land locked provinces to the east should put a tarrif on all the products BC wants to send to market in the rest of Canada!!!

Yes our Lumber exports by train to Chicago are a real environmental risk :rolleyes:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

How about every product anyone owns in any province travels from vancouver port through alberta? Maybe alberta should put tarriff on the millions of trucks rolling through alberta to the other provinces in canada.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe Alscatchewan should close the borders to raw oil products and buy a chunk of BC with the proceeds...

If you close the borders to export how do you think there would be any profit? It sure as hell won't be internal sales with your lack of refining capacity.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Was a stab at willies hypocracy not meant to be used as a viable solution in the real world....

besides I said RAW oil products, this would indicate I support the building of new refiniery infastructure in Alberta...

If you close the borders to export how do you think there would be any profit? It sure as hell won't be internal sales with your lack of refining capacity.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You don't get to cross my private land for free. Why should land held and managed for the Queen by the Province of British Columbia be any different?

right but if they can't agree it will go to arbitration, same as crossing your property, although most times they will go around. will be very interesting from here on, no idea what the solution is.

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our premier does not speak for all the residents of this province. We did not hold a province-wide magical vote/referendum in one day and say "let's hold Alberta's pet project hostage for more money" :rant:so stop fawkin comparing us to Quebec.

Why is it that most of the peeps on here from Alberta place absolutely zero value on the affected peoples way of life, source of food and source of income? The BC coastal area in question here is closed to tanker traffic because the waters there are to bloody dangerous for these huge tankers, in fact they are considered far more dangerous than the waters the Exxon Valdez sank in.

Enbridge's track record sucks giant balls so no wonder there is no trust from the people that would be affected over here.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was a stab at willies hypocracy not meant to be used as a viable solution in the real world....

besides I said RAW oil products, this would indicate I support the building of new refiniery infastructure in Alberta...
I would love to see more Canadian refining capacity but it ain't gonna happen cause it's expensive and the companies that control the oil already have large excess refining capacity around the gulf coast. Not going to build new refineries when the ones you already have can do more.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our premier does not speak for all the residents of this province. We did not hold a province-wide magical vote/referendum in one day and say "let's hold Alberta's pet project hostage for more money" :rant:so stop fawkin comparing us to Quebec.

Why is it that most of the peeps on here from Alberta place absolutely zero value on the affected peoples way of life, source of food and source of income? The BC coastal area in question here is closed to tanker traffic because the waters there are to bloody dangerous for these huge tankers, in fact they are considered far more dangerous than the waters the Exxon Valdez sank in.

Enbridge's track record sucks giant balls so no wonder there is no trust from the people that would be affected over here.

i can understand your concerns, hopefully they can come up with something that will work for everyone.

Top Bottom