Battenfelder Quad Rodeo Sept 17/18

ckmoose

Reaction score
Nice vid quick looks like a great time if you had the right quad those mud pits look like fun though

Any quad is the right quad. I have a stock outty 800 with mudlite XTR tires and rip through there without any issues.
If you can get through the normal holes on the trails, you can get through these. They are fairly easy. I have seen only 1 quad get stuck in there in the 4 events I have attended. Not bad for watching over 300 quads go through it.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So <Where is the up date ??? Who had the fastest quad ??? We heard about all these fast bikes but have not heard a peep who won ..................................................???

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe ckmoose can update this.... there were 3 classes... i ran only in the 800 class... they had a king of the hill class too where only the big block motors ran along with the nitrous bikes and turbo machines.... we had a couple of sand drag kawi's that had a lenghtend swing arm in the rear.. these things were fast too...
among the quickest were the kawi sand drag racers.. outty 800 turbo that needed a whellie bar, no kidding! kevins 1026 stoker outty on a renegade frame.. a few 940's, 900's and 909's... in my class i made it as far as the semi finals and got beaten out by a nose... literlly a nose, that close! the drags where a double elimination deal...

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3000 canams and a couple vforces kicked but.............is what your saying...............lol

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i believe one of the kawi's got king of the hill.. but only cause it is set up for sand drags... look at my picks i posted.. these are not trail machines whereby the can-am's are for everything, not just drags... if don could have kept his front end down ( wheelie bar next year) it would have killed those v force sand draggers... the other kawis all lost to the bbk can-ams... if you look at the pics i posted those kawi's were 2 wheel drive machines so they were half the weight of the can-ams... for the normal 4x4 brutes that were there, it was no contest.. modded or not... nest year you will see way more machines with whellie bars, thats a given...

i myself am not into the drag thing to much with a quad... i will stick to the 1/4 mile track...haha with my drag toys... but to have a little more pow and acceleration for the trails makes for a more enjoyable day...

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You sound like a canucks fan.............next year etc etc ..............Never under estimate a built kawi...........LOL Just raggin on you, funny we had to beat it out of you that a lonely V beat all them C/A`s though:smiliestirthepot::beer::beer:

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh ya.. no doubt! i have always known that they are a good motor! i think it would have been more fair is they had that motor in a 4 x 4.. unstead of a light weight racer... it would level the playing fleid... but those guys are awesome! they are going to come again in spring and this time will have machines to compete in all the events... its the weekend after the may long... you should come, make a team of 4 and come... its a hoot! you would'nt regret it buddy.

duner

Reaction score
i believe one of the kawi's got king of the hill.. but only cause it is set up for sand drags... look at my picks i posted.. these are not trail machines whereby the can-am's are for everything, not just drags... if don could have kept his front end down ( wheelie bar next year) it would have killed those v force sand draggers... the other kawis all lost to the bbk can-ams... if you look at the pics i posted those kawi's were 2 wheel drive machines so they were half the weight of the can-ams... for the normal 4x4 brutes that were there, it was no contest.. modded or not... nest year you will see way more machines with whellie bars, thats a given...

Kawi V-Forces are very heavy for a 2 wheel drive. They weigh over 560 lbs. Not that much lighter than a Brute. When they have extended swing arms they are heavier. On the blue and white Kawi, the swing arm alone weighs over 90 lbs.
I've talked to few people that were there, and was told that a green Kawi won the 800 and under class, an orange Kawi won the 800 and over class, and they were first and second in King. That being said I heard it was close racin and the Can ams were very fast as well.

Last edited:

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya your right! the 800 class was won by that green little thing! haha... it was fast.. beat me by 1 1/2 to 2 lenghts... but again lighter than the can-am's in general. My rene, the way it is set up wiegh's in at 748 lbs.... dry they are 610 lbs... add 80 lbs for fluilds (approx) and then depends what add ons you have that weigh a bit.. so on the scale mine comes in at 748, without any baggage... there is a weight difference... i think these races need a weight restriction too in the class but then it makes the classes to small and confussing... but just sayin that weight does make a big difference in the outcome of a drag race. This is why nhra and ihra have weight restrictions in lots of there classes in 1/4 mile drag racin.

Some of the races with the kawis against the big can-am's where very close. if the can-am's could of been closer to there weight, i think there would have been a different outcome in some of the races. now also none of the hams where running sand paddle tires.. they were all running mud tires and that along is like comparing apples to grapes
You will see this spring many more big bore can-ams that will now have paddle tires on them.. way lighter of a tire plus better traction in that loose dirt.

When these kawi's , raced the big bore can-ams, it was way closer.. sometimes by only a few feet... so they came prepared and won... we never had machines come to this event prepped like that! lol....now the big boys know what there up against and it's going to be another great rodeo, this spring.. love the competition!

climbin

Reaction score
The Kawisakis were definately the faster machines out there, all 3 of them. Some of the Can Ams could match them or even overpower them in the hp department, but they had the whole package with the stretched swing arms. I think with the exception of the 1026 none of the Can Ams could launch.

I used to run Fundy powered Kawisakis so they get my full respect. Now if they would only stay running. As for next spring, hey we need to hang on to something being as it's not trophies lol. (Stan I need a wheelie bar)

Top Bottom