Battenfelder Quad Rodeo Sept 17/18

Houston

Reaction score
Fall rodeo held in memory of Henry on Sept 17/18. They are hoping to draw 21, 4 man teams on a first come first serve basis. Entry information can be accessed at http://www.battenfelderatvrodeo.com
Can enter single riders for draw teams or enter a 4 person team

For those of you who haven't attended this event and are within driving distance from Barrhead this should be a must attend if you have the competitive spirit. The web site has pictures from last years event. They hope to add drag and pit races to the event this year if there is enough interest.

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They do drag races too. That's what I would be interested in. Heard they had some good races at the one they just had. Wish I had gone up!

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They do drag races too. That's what I would be interested in. Heard they had some good races at the one they just had. Wish I had gone up!

Yes, on sunday are the drags but you should do the saturday events too.. if you cant get a group of four together, you can come by your self.. they will have a draw to fill other teams...

climbin

Reaction score
We had a great rodeo on both days. In the past the drag pull got some bad raps for being hard on equipment, but we have since modified the drags to make them lighter and I'm not seeing anyone break anymore. The rodeo has been refined to the point that it flows smoothly and there is very little waiting around time. Like Kwik said, you can enter a team of 4 or less, we'll hold a lottery Friday night to fill out teams.

This was this first year we tried the drag races and they went over great. It was just for trophies but we'll change the format in the fall to a combination trophy/cash event. Basically you can enter your class and make your own choice if you want to participate in the cash prize. The cash will go to the machine that bucked up and placed the highest. There is a very nice mix of BBKs and Turbos to help make it interesting. Most of the guys are pretty good and will let others ride their machines after the races Sunday to get a feel for what the different performance mods feel like to ride. What wins on Sunday sells on Monday right.

Anyone interested can go to the web site, www.battenfelderatvrodeo.com or if they want to join in the daily banter can join the face book group Battenfelder ATV Rodeo. There is also some videos on You Tube, more to be posted soon. If you need additional information you can call Kerry Nerbas at 403-437-4227 or email her at ctkerry@live.ca.

We need to have 48 riders by August 1st to go ahead with the fall event.

barrone

Reaction score

They had good drag races, it was nice to see which mods stacked up against others, as well as the stock machines versus mods. Helped me make a descision on what I want to upgrade to.
There was stockers, turboes, NOS, 840, 916,1029, 909 engines all there. And the nice part is, everyone was friendy and talkative, not super secretive, although a few secrets probably existed.
All in all a great weekend. I have made every one except one fall one over the last ten years, and it is a must do for me.
The rodeo has three events, all on points, with the highest total points winning the first place trophy.. You can enter with stock quads too, our team usually does, and we have managed a second and third place. The chariot and also sled drag are great for rider ability, while it helps to have more power in the obstacle course.

It is a great weekend experience, quad, camp, socialize all weekend, lots of fun yet everyone is respectful. Bring your family,

Nice big Bonfire fri and sat night as well.

Come check it out, if you are looking for an awsome annual event, and good times.

Make sure you check out the website

climbin

Reaction score
They were 300' as that is the norm in ATV racing. We could stretch them to 350 but that's it for room. You can google "Battenfelder Rodeo" on YouTube and see a bunch of them. How much room you need to get those 2 wheelers rolling?

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
300 or 350 is good with me. I might spike some tires for the grass drags anyway. Might help keep up to the 4X4's out of the hole? You don't know of any that leave hard do ya?;):d:p

So who won the drags? That 1026 Renny looked pretty fast. Which one was yours?

Last edited:

climbin

Reaction score
Actually the track is roto tilled and then packed so traction isn't a problem. We have the 4x4s run in 2 wheel drive for control and I don't believe it is slowing anything down.

The turbo is still king for another rodeo but in fairness to Kevin at Get-Torqed he only had time to make a couple of dyno runs on the 1026 so he left a lot in the bag. I'm sure he'll be coming out swinging in the fall. We will also have the additions of a couple 940s and god only knows what else will pop up.

I'll bring out the Quadzilla if I get time to replace the rear bearings.

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With my extended swing arm, it doesn't hook at all on hard pack. The soft tracks and at the dunes it hooks good when I'm running my paddles. I'm gonna build a set of picked tires for hard tracks. I'm gonna try and go to the Grassland grass drags as well.
I've heard your turbo really wails!:d I watched a few vids from the drags, you cleaned up pretty good, that thing looks fast. Should be fun in sept!
The video of the drags is great. It's nice to be able to see the whole race, start to finish and still see who won and by how much. I hate drag vids from the start line, you can't tell who won and ground level from the finish line you can't see the launch or who spun etc. How did you get the high shot location from the finish line? Did you use a lift?

Last edited:

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic of my buddies V-force. It has a 951 in it and runs real good. Should be fun at the drags!:d

Attachments

• 951 #24 (Medium).jpg
    951 #24 (Medium).jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 137
  • 951 #25 (Medium).jpg
    951 #25 (Medium).jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 133
  • 951 #21 (Medium).jpg
    951 #21 (Medium).jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 126
  • 951 #3 (Medium).jpg
    951 #3 (Medium).jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 126

climbin

Reaction score
Wow! That is one sweet V-Force! Hopefully you guys can make it. I would love to see how the hot rodded Can Ams do against them. I ran Kawasaki Fundys for years and have nothing but respect for the power they make. In fact we have a 730 KVF on our team.

The Renegade on 26s would do just fine in the pits. If you are a face book guy ask to join the group Battenfelder Rodeo. I would love to see your bikes posted on there to create some excitement about the drags.

We are trying to get the ATV drag out of Red Deer for Sunday.

climbin

Reaction score
Wow! That is one sweet V-Force! Hopefully you guys can make it. I would love to see how the hot rodded Can Ams do against them. I ran Kawasaki Fundys for years and have nothing but respect for the power they make. In fact we have a 730 KVF on our team.

The Renegade on 26s would do just fine in the pits. If you are a face book guy ask to join the group Battenfelder ATV Rodeo. I would love to see your bikes posted on there to create some excitement about the drags.

We are trying to get the ATV drag out of Red Deer for Sunday.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Climbin, if my health stays stable I want to get the Red Baron back in the action, missed everything sledding this winter and the old girl hasn't turned a wheel in two yrs. Keep me in mind for a team filler

Top Bottom