Bad fuel - how to seafoam?

pinkpantherusmincus

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i copped a batch of bad fuel in revy, fulled up after riding and havn't ridden for a week or so, and the fuel has started to turn to lacquer. I don't think that its worth pulling the carbs out, and was hoping to just use seafoam.

I am not going to ride for another week or so, i have syphoned out the bad fuel, and i'm wondering should i add new fuel and seafoam now or wait a week till i can start it up and give it a good run?

thanks

P

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
If your going to run Seafoam, you will definitely have to start it...dont just refill and add the seafoam, even if you just idle it, it will work its way into the carbs. I dont know if there is a 'right' answer, but I would do it now rather than waiting...

my 2 cents

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO add new fuel, take it for a rip and call it good,.. the clean gas will act like a solvent and should clean it all up. Its when you leave bad gas in over a season is when it starts to clog things up.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about ratting out the shady gas station?

These places should be avoided.

I hate to do it because it's uneccessary weight, cost and enviro damage, but I try to fill my sled in Calgary to prevent filling at gas stations that too often seem to have off gas.

I know it can happen anywhere, but I hear too many bad stories from local places in Golden and Revy having poor gas.

pinkpantherusmincus

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are we there yet - i considered that, but since i have already bought the seafoam i think i may as well use it....

shibby - its was the shell gas station on the highway.

so guys do you think that idling will clean the carbs enough? and leave the fresh gas and seafoam in the tank after running it for a bit till the next time i can get out for a ride?

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are we there yet - i considered that, but since i have already bought the seafoam i think i may as well use it....

shibby - its was the shell gas station on the highway.

so guys do you think that idling will clean the carbs enough? and leave the fresh gas and seafoam in the tank after running it for a bit till the next time i can get out for a ride?

Save the seafoam, seriously.

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seafoam all the way, I will not harm anything at all. It is one of the best mechanics in a can and I'm not one to support mechanic in a can. Seafoam is one great fuel conditioner, defogger, injector cleaner, penetrating oil............etc. Dump some new fuel and one can of Sea Foam and start the sled and idle for a minute shut her down.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seafoam all the way, I will not harm anything at all. It is one of the best mechanics in a can and I'm not one to support mechanic in a can. Seafoam is one great fuel conditioner, defogger, injector cleaner, penetrating oil............etc. Dump some new fuel and one can of Sea Foam and start the sled and idle for a minute shut her down.

Do the seafoam run it a bit then it can sit. Run in a ventalated area like directions say. Run it long enough to get into the carbs

hillclimb10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So this seafoam. Who sells it? It sound like a good product. Is it just a conditioner or is it like a stabilizer as well never heard of the stuff would like to pick some up if I can find it in saskabush.

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can get it at your local Bumper to Bumper or Napa. If your S'toon go to Sutherland.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Do the seafoam run it a bit then it can sit. Run in a ventalated area like directions say. Run it long enough to get into the carbs

X2

So this seafoam. Who sells it? It sound like a good product. Is it just a conditioner or is it like a stabilizer as well never heard of the stuff would like to pick some up if I can find it in saskabush.

Its awesome stuff it also absorbs water when I drown my quad I run a bunch in the crankcase with the oil to get rid of the water in the oil

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just picked a bottle of this seafoam up after reading this post and it works like friggin magic....what the heck is in this stuff, i still can't believe how well it worked. Saved me some headeache and hair which i don't have much of anymore.

Top Bottom