Axys Storage

Ekim

Reaction score
I was shopping online for storage bags for my new snowchecked Axys when I saw pictures of what looks like a storage compartment behind the windshield on the top of the dash. Is this on all new Axys RMK's? I haven't read anything about this compartment. Is it heated? How large? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was shopping online for storage bags for my new snowchecked Axys when I saw pictures of what looks like a storage compartment behind the windshield on the top of the dash. Is this on all new Axys RMK's? I haven't read anything about this compartment. Is it heated? How large? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

There was a small compartment right behind the gauges on the Axys Pro Rmk that I saw. It is probably just big enough for a set of goggles or something. Similar to the one on the Doo's. There is small holes in it down to the engine compartment so it should get some heat. I would imagine it would be on all the sleds but I didn't ask.
Photo 2015-03-07, 1 47 58 PM.jpg

bailer

Reaction score
Just saw the sleds at the sneak peak in Saskatoon.
Polaris has a nice bag available that mounts above the dash compartment. It looks like the door is removed so it is a nice option. It considerably enlarges the compartment and replaces the plastic door, which doesn't latch very well, with a zipper.

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put the large windshield bag on, it fits with the small windshield, just sticks up above it. Little mesh pocket fits where the hole is in the dash. Holds two pairs of goggles and a set of light riding gloves, stays slightly warm. Put on the bag that bolts between the bars and screen, holds a couple pairs of gloves, stays warmer than the windshield bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will need the bag for sure. I thought I could fit a pair of goggles in there and mine would not fit no matter which way I tried to stuff them in. Stays nice and warm during tree riding but on the trail you can forget about any heat it there, I had my phone inside and it was frozen when I got back to the trailer. will be ordering the windshield bag for mine.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes with out a doubt only certain types of googles will fit in there the new bags in the back work well

rcbc

Reaction score
Does anyone have the ogio tunnel bag? Did you manage to mount it securely enough so it doesn't flop like an
epileptic fish out of the water on the trail ride up?

snowslut

Reaction score
The new tunnel bags are solid on the axys. Way better that the old ones on the pros. I run the large one on my sled, it's rigid and doesn't flip around .

Top Bottom