avy in corbin any info

crowdoo

Reaction score
hear rumors of avy in corbin anyone else got any info . if what we hearing true it big numbers . pray for this to not be true .

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
My grandma from Sparwood called me at about 330.To find out if i was gone sleding.I said nope at work . She said there was a big one.She told me info but not sure if its true so i wont post it to start rumors....she said she herd it on her scanner....She said something about alberta guys.....was hoping it wasnt true myself

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Prayers and condolences to the family and friends.

It appears just like the CAC was saying; consequences may be huge in the next couple of days.

RIP to the victim and I pray that the injured fully recover and can be strong in these trying times.

• Thanks
Reactions: RXN

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Codolences to the family and the buddies with him at the end. Sitting on pins and needles as this area is popular with alot of my friends.

bcskier

Reaction score
Talked to one of the search an rescue guys in Fernie. He never knew any details only there was a sledder fatality in the Corbin area. Also a skier was caught up today in the Heavens Gate area and suffered a broken leg as a result of being caught up in an avi, and he is spending the night outdoors because it's to late to get a heli vac under way. A group of us toured Tunnel Creek today and the temperature at 6500 ft was + 2 at noon. Much too warm to me in any serious terrain the next day or 2> Be careful folks! ..... Condolences to all friends and family of the victim :(

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just watched the Calgary Global news and no mention of sledders being involved in any slides. They do however say 7 skiers were involved in a slide at Sparwood today with one deceased.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
That is conflicting news with what else has been released.

The person in Fernie was to have a broken leg and S&R stayed with him through the night with the chopper ready at first light. No report of a fatality.

The fatality was reported from Corbin and 2 or maybe 3 injured were taken to the Sparwood hospital. The coroner was in Sparwood according to another news release.

A sad day in the eastern Kootenays, to say the least. Once again, condolences and prayers to those involved in the tragedies.

Vets07

Reaction score
wow prayers are with everyone invovled.
I was at the notch on thursday and watched a fairly large natural slide come down in an area not know for sliding but the serious windload made it break. The slide was on a NE facing slope. USE caution out there guys.

t-bomb

Reaction score
Condolences to all.
I was all pumped to ride today but it just didn't feel right..very sketchy out there so I decided to just stay home and enjoy the +teen weather..ride safe folks...maybe a day to stick to the flat land

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is there no info coming out on these slides? Chopper should have everyone off the mountain by now?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Why is there no info coming out on these slides? Chopper should have everyone off the mountain by now?

Good point snopro. I haven't heard anything more. Lots of phone calls asking if I'm okay. A little maintenance day for me today.
Big slides released on the Crossing Creek trail the end of the week with full run outs. It is always scary to see the forces of Mother Nature.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess with 24 hour media, smartphones and social media like Facebook and Twitter a person gets used to getting info in your face 24/7. Its frustrating when things don't roll as fast as you would like. Lol.

toddsphotos

Reaction score
I think a lot of it has to do with the amount of recent incidents The media reports seem to be mixing and missing stuff

Top Bottom