Continued sub talk… Or at least until this one gets locked too.

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess people would rather just take a big bite of the tragedy sandwich then hear what happening around the entire spectrum related to this topic.

I found this info interesting and wanted to share it on the other thread but… I guess alternative information to the mainstream narrative is to unwelcoming for some.

The whole accepted story seems stupid. Not saying this description is 100% true but it’s worth reading.

f752a11a3a72a927496e0f73f57dfb15.jpg

86a09359bb06a88c538e6571d6fb61e6.jpg

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I was just about to start a thread lol. Can we post cool submarine memes in here?

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess people would rather just take a big bite of the tragedy sandwich then hear what happening around the entire spectrum related to this topic.

I found this info interesting and wanted to share it on the other thread but… I guess alternative information to the mainstream narrative is to unwelcoming for some.

The whole accepted story seems stupid. Not saying this description is 100% true but it’s worth reading.

f752a11a3a72a927496e0f73f57dfb15.jpg

86a09359bb06a88c538e6571d6fb61e6.jpg

As I read about the build of that sub & as a sledder going thru the carbon fiber phaze......three times. Also as a sledder going thru the multitude of engine failures learning different expansion rates of different metals.

Everytime carbon fibre returns to sled market it fails for many reasons, chassis, suspension pieces etc. Engine builder's & manufacturers have learned from the experiment's in the past failures. Dissimilar materials don't play well together.

I hope there will be lessons learned from what happened with the sub & the sacrifices made.

These were the comments I wanted to make in the other thread before it derailed in the normal S&M side show, part of the fun & nature of S&M.

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As I read about the build of that sub & as a sledder going thru the carbon fiber phaze......three times. Also as a sledder going thru the multitude of engine failures learning different expansion rates of different metals.

Everytime carbon fibre returns to sled market it fails for many reasons, chassis, suspension pieces etc. Engine builder's & manufacturers have learned from the experiment's in the past failures. Dissimilar materials don't play well together.

I hope there will be lessons learned from what happened with the sub & the sacrifices made.

These were the comments I wanted to make in the other thread before it derailed in the normal S&M side show, part of the fun & nature of S&M.

Ironically sub manufacturing is a tried and true method… The idea someone thought this would work seems illogical considering past experiences and sub building knowledge.

Unlike with sled parts if a building design fails on a sub the results are most likely fatal, where a sled is more like “that was a waste of money, back to the old ways.”

I can’t see anyone being so dumb to build a vessel so wrong by mistake. Everything about it seems off.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ironically sub manufacturing is a tried and true method… The idea someone thought this would work seems illogical considering past experiences and sub building knowledge.

Unlike with sled parts if a building design fails on a sub the results are most likely fatal, where a sled is more like “that was a waste of money, back to the old ways.”

I can’t see anyone being so dumb to build a vessel so wrong by mistake. Everything about it seems off.
Quit questioning the narrative. Clearly our media and gov have our best interests at heart...........

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could be fake. Who knows.

Has anyone here met biden in real life? Maybe hes a character they just made up.

The whole world is a stage i heard.

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quit questioning the narrative. Clearly our media and gov have our best interests at heart...........

They always do… That’s why we tax plant food.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rush was an arrogant fool that wouldn't listen or learn and bypassed proven sound engineering principles for risk management.
Sad that he could take unsuspecting rich people with him on his mission and charge admission. It is criminal and the lawyer's will prove his waiver of responsibility they signed void due to his negligence.
There are sound engineering principles and the laws of physics. Steer away from those sound engineering principles, which are all based on hard won experience in the submarine world, and there is a price to pay, and it's a terrible price. It should never be allowed to happen again and it shouldn't have been allowed to happen this time.

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I don't know of deaths related to flawed design or aftermarket products. There has been very serious injury such as drive shaft failure in the 08 XP & some aftermarket product failures. Deaths have probably had settlement agreement's in place not to be discussed.

I've wondered about certain aftermarket suppliers that have suddenly vanished off the radar......other than financial reasons.

High risk factor in most things we do, these five had a better opportunity mitigate that than most. There choice, again as a sledder I generally plan for B & C if plan A goes bad......not always worked out.......chit house luck has saved me.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lot of rich people aren’t the smartest guys in the room, they are the ones who are fearless. Smart people usually can see the errors that will happen and talk them selves out of situations. Fearless people take things to levels that most can’t comprehend. Sorry no meme.

Top Bottom