ATV Tracks

Billydozer56

Reaction score
I have found some Videos and a few postings on different forums. I was wondering about Tracks for my Quad. I like the Idea of them. 3 Grand to start. I know i could buy an old sled for that much. Has anyone tried them or seen them work. Im just looking to use them in the snow. They would be good for ice fishing and just trail riding from what I have seen. Has anyone tried these out in the mountains. It won't turn my quad into a mountain sled, Just wondering how far a guy could go with tracks. What brands are the best?

thanks

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Iv never run them but i have rescued people with them. They work great on snow but when you get into ice or hard pack snow they dont seem to work as well and you start to get pushed around and loose steering. Last guy we rescued swamped his machine since he could not steer on the ice and the machine went to the low side of the ice in the water and drowned the machine

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not a lot of fun when you break through the crusty snow

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Real hard on front end components, Can be fun out on the snow

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have found some Videos and a few postings on different forums. I was wondering about Tracks for my Quad. I like the Idea of them. 3 Grand to start. I know i could buy an old sled for that much. Has anyone tried them or seen them work. Im just looking to use them in the snow. They would be good for ice fishing and just trail riding from what I have seen. Has anyone tried these out in the mountains. It won't turn my quad into a mountain sled, Just wondering how far a guy could go with tracks. What brands are the best?

thanks

So did you buy a set of tracks?

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They add an amazing amount of mobility in snow. The biggest downside is if none of your riding buddies have them they can't follow where you go. I had a set for my can-am and sold them because of that.

fisherman420

Reaction score
Tracks are amazing in the snow but do have limitations like flood water, If you break through the top layer of ice it can be a real pain to get back on top, but really no different than a sled or wheeled atv either. Make sure you clean the idler wheels off before you park on a cold day or they will freeze up. I have only been around the camoplast tatou 4s products on a grizzly and my rhino and they have held up to some very vigorous testing. One downfall is the speed loss for sure. When I go ice fishing to a bigger lake and will be travelling more than a km I just take my old touring sled. One last VERY IMPORTANT note....don't get stuck without lots of winch power, slings and snatch blocks or at least 2 other units to help you out (and make sure to repay your buddies with lots of cold beer for helping)

troy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
77b61929de7caaac8b672d273a8611cc.jpg

A couple of units on tracks is lots of fun .
It's my third year with tracks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billydozer56

Reaction score
No I have not bought a set. With the economy and the government shutting the place I work at down I have not spent any money on toys. Just going to ride what I have.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No I have not bought a set. With the economy and the government shutting the place I work at down I have not spent any money on toys. Just going to ride what I have.

likely a good idea? they have there own set of problems. try out a ride with them on, would be my best advice. I have a set, and unless I have work for it, they will not be going on this winter. :twocents:

Top Bottom