atlas riding conditions

burnt toast

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up at the loading area on saturday and there was probably 15 trucks up there. I would imagine all the spots are pounded out, if you are just looking to get out and ride you would be alright.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well just back peeps atlas is good to snowed all day and rode in the fresh knee deep pow in the back bowls

But Blair your so short, crips your knees are like so close to the ground!! lol

Hope you had a good ride my friend.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you know what they say short knees , little feet , big D----- :p:rolleyes::cool:

Attachments

• atlas 2013 004.jpg
    atlas 2013 004.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 299

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More to come had some issues trying to load them last night whiskey might have got in the way:eek:

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It happens tried again fouled 3times so back to the whiskey

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was too lazy to go to putter so tried from my I pad will doo from the computer later on

damhill

Reaction score
Rode a bit of Atlas on Sat. The pipeline ROW near the parking lot was skinny but smooth. I was surprised to see sleds riding the road going north as I thought it would be plowed to the pass turn-off. But the road was smooth north of the turn-off. Trails in the trees had more snow and were in good shape.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
report from a buddy that went down there the other day: Some places still have fresh, gotta hunt for it though. They went north and south, all areas need snow. Farther you go north the better the snow gets, but gotta go quite a ways. Trails good but lack of fresh unless you want to get way off trail, lots of stumps and rocks still poking up, many of the cutblocks are pretty sparse for snow.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hows the tornado pass area? we rode the very south east corner of the flathead almost on montana border and snow was thin went further west and it just got deeper and deeper.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hows the tornado pass area? we rode the very south east corner of the flathead almost on montana border and snow was thin went further west and it just got deeper and deeper.

Guy that bought my old sled was out at Cataract and said it was thin and well set up. Go anywhere conditions and not much to ride on in spots. Buddy was up towards Tornado and said there is nothing up top at elevation, stay low and there is some in the trees but not much. Here's a pic he sent me.

Attachments

• IMG_0841.jpg
    IMG_0841.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 378

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading down on sat will post up the details upon my return

Top Bottom