atlas riding conditions

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
start of the new season will head down on sat for a looky look will post up sunday thought about going in from dutch does anyone know if the bridges are intact after the june floods or are gonzoed

awkwardmoose

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
By vehicle, I know that the Gap is open and the bridge over Racehorse and Dutch is open on the trunk road heading north (from the Gap)...to get to the Dutch Road turn-off.

Can't speak to the Dutch road heading west...

morerpmfred

Reaction score
Couple of culverts got washed out on the dutch road. Md of rocky view only mantains road to the end of ceasers flats.
On the atlas road all bridges have been damaged by heavy equipment. Some bridges have been changed to quad bridges. Only one bridge got partially washed out and believe it is the first bridge you come to leaving the dutch road. Washed out on the south side. Road is not full size truck friendly where the new quad bridges are.
muna3uvy.jpg

Quad bridge is just to the left in the picture. Picture taken from. JJ site.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was made that way on purpose no full size vehicles are to be by there looking at the pic you are close to the turn off to the north shelter
Couple of culverts got washed out on the dutch road. Md of rocky view only mantains road to the end of ceasers flats.
On the atlas road all bridges have been damaged by heavy equipment. Some bridges have been changed to quad bridges. Only one bridge got partially washed out and believe it is the first bridge you come to leaving the dutch road. Washed out on the south side. Road is not full size truck friendly where the new quad bridges are. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/20/muna3uvy.jpg
Quad bridge is just to the left in the picture. Picture taken from. JJ site.

morerpmfred

Reaction score
How does one get involved in the decision making and trail building process?

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well sorry guys and gals forgot the camera snow ok a little on the sugary side 1 more foot will have the major land mines covered rode the main trail north to the y to go into window and tent areas played on most of the finger off shoots going in still have to be carefully aware of the surroundings saw lots of moose today must be hiding from the hunters got with in 20 yards of a big massive bull and a couple of yearlings parking lot not plowed out yet but road was good into the y junction before the shelter will be awesome in a week or so depending on the weather seems to me I remember a trail fee / donation box in the parking , staging area in years past but did not see it today

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic just east of the atlas parking lot. 17in on the ground. Trail was rideable for the couple of kms I was on it but lots of rocks still. Sorry it's sideways, gotta a new phone I can't figure out!

Attachments

• 20131124_093840.jpg
    20131124_093840.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic just east of the atlas parking lot. 17in on the ground. Trail was rideable for the couple of kms I was on it but lots of rocks still. Sorry it's sideways, gotta a new phone I can't figure out!

17"?

Looks more like 7", probably the same tape measure you use for your johnson, then tell the old lady "see honey - 10 inches!"

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
17"?

Looks more like 7", probably the same tape measure you use for your johnson, then tell the old lady "see honey - 10 inches!"

Jealousy, it looks good on you! My sled is in the garage with snow melting off of it! When's that sled of yours getting wet?:beer::beer:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jealousy, it looks good on you! My sled is in the garage with snow melting off of it! When's that sled of yours getting wet?:beer::beer:

Everything got bolted back in last night. Just need the front plastic back on, a coat of wax and she's good to go. She looks good all trimmed in shiny black.

An Iphone would have auto-rotated that picture you know....LMAO!

Stretch89

Reaction score
Hey guys me and a buddy are thinking of heading to fernie for a few days todo some riding just wondering where we could go or if it's even worth the drive any info would be great

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well I can tell you the Pincher creek area got close to 2 feet in town some reporting over 4 feet of fresh in the castle valley. Id say come riding we don't get these big dumps like this all the time.

Stretch89

Reaction score
Ok thanks guys is there any guides you know of that we could get for one day we have never rode this area or is there a area that's fairly simple to figure out

Top Bottom