atlas riding conditions

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think we were just leaving the cabin right when you guys showed up for lunch
Was there Saturday the 25th, first time in the mountains for my son on his own sled! We had a great ride considering it snowed all day, and got heavier as the day went on! ~ 70 miles up into Dutch, Hidden, and the cabin. Went into a few bowls, but didn't like the looks of things as there was 6-8" of heavy wet fluff on a hard crust! Could be risky there for the rat of the season...?

orangemaddness

Reaction score
Just a heads up was in there today still lots of good snow and the trails were in good shape but they are plowing the road way up past the staging area so make sure to ride the pipe line in for best results.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the have been plowing the road all year to the valve just during the weekdays weekends if it has snowed you can ride the road
Just a heads up was in there today still lots of good snow and the trails were in good shape but they are plowing the road way up past the staging area so make sure to ride the pipe line in for best results.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode atlas today snow was great so much fresh out there but whoever was climbing window mtn on sunday that could have been bad for you! nasty hill and nasty conditins for climbing anything

ahleeds

Reaction score
sled mar 12 004.jpg
sled mar 12 010.jpg Friday ,and Saturday in deans park and all around there, heard some avalanche action, climbed around in logged areas. best snow you could hope for .

Attachments

• sled mar 12 025.jpg
    sled mar 12 025.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 502

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pretty sure i seen you guys at the cabin on sunday? I was the guy in the group of 3 with the orange and gray klim coat and the all black doo with the 1 black headlight! great snow out there I would suspect the avy noise you heard would be the big daddy that came down by window mountain that thing was huge!!!!! deans park looked really good we didnt quite make it up that far as we were playing to hard!

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ditto, hoping to bring the family down there for last ride of the year next weekend. Is the road plowed? Could I just head up the road until the trails look rideable? Am I better of going to York?

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Ditto, hoping to bring the family down there for last ride of the year next weekend. Is the road plowed? Could I just head up the road until the trails look rideable? Am I better of going to York?

Shawn, if you don't get a satisfactory answer, or conditions aren't to your liking, the Coal Creek trail is in great shape and there isn't very much dirt to ride on. Just FYI......

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks FS. I was hoping to ride something a bit closer with my family as we're just planning a day ride.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks FS. I was hoping to ride something a bit closer with my family as we're just planning a day ride.

Rode atlas today. Trail is good but the snow sucks due to the rain yesterday and the very warm weather. Got a few good pulls in and a good sunburn...that's about it. Go anywhere snow

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well the new season is fast approaching will try to get down for a looky look after the 15th and will post up seems this year we will be doing a little more trail type riding so Susan can gain her confidence on her new sled she only put on about 60 k or so last year and thinks her sleddn days are over hoping spending more time down south and a little less time with out her in the big hills will respark her interest

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
well the new season is fast approaching will try to get down for a looky look after the 15th and will post up seems this year we will be doing a little more trail type riding so Susan can gain her confidence on her new sled she only put on about 60 k or so last year and thinks her sleddn days are over hoping spending more time down south and a little less time with out her in the big hills will respark her interest

happy wife is a happy life...............yes, sometimes our gals get a little intimidated by the terrain and we need a little more patience. It was nice to see you at the show. Have a great year Blair

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will post a pic or 2 if I get cell service down there

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it was okay found fresh untouched in the north end but still could use another foot or so

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hun..... :D

From what I have been reading, it sounds like almost every area needs a good dumping of snow again!!!
I'd like to get out soon, but would like to hear about a bit more snow.
I don't want to take out another A-arm anytime soon....... LOL

Top Bottom