atlas riding conditions

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Blair, we haven't had any snow on the west side to speak of for quite awhile. Trail riding and hard packed open areas are pretty much the name of the game. I did find some nice untouched tree pulls on Tuesday. Sure have to get off the beaten path!

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Doug had a look at the forecast was hoping a little new snow today but no luck opted out of the trip things don't change I guess I will head for revy

polarischik

Reaction score
What are the condition like? Still any snow out there? We are thinking of heading out tomorrow or Saturday.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys with bikes and quads were in there, snow is almost finished I heard

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the Crow Snow Riders poker rally at Atlas on Feb 7 is still a go? Or is it going to be a last minute decision?

Giver800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went riding there yesterday and it was pretty good. There was enough snow on the trails to keep things cool but was occasionally skinny. But once we got back into the trees and play areas we found some decent snow being spindle to bumper deep. Some areas were a hit and miss with hard crusty areas or pounded out stuff and some areas had some good fresh stuff enough to toss the sled around but not enough to really get stuck and you have to be cautious of occasional land mines. The snow really hooked up everywhere which made it easy for highmarking if you so choose. Overall we had lots of fun and definitely glad we went to Atlas. We were originally going to go to coal creek in Fernie but we noticed that there was less and less fresh on the ground as you get closer to Fernie and we got a tip from a local that Crowsnest got a decent dump overnight and he was right. Hopefully this finally keeps up!

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are some maps on the Crow Snow Snowmobile club website. Otherwise there are trail maps at the hotels and gas stations in the pass. There is a map at the staging area for Atlas that I took a picture of but it is saved on my computer at work. If I remember tomorrow I will post the picture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: JZ1

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I checked the picture I had from atlas and the sign was too faded to see any of the trails on the map.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best bet is to get one of the maps printed on cloth. Easy to carry and it doesn't matter if it gets wet. Other than that as mentioned you should be able to pick up paper maps at service stations and hotels.

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best bet is to get one of the maps printed on cloth. Easy to carry and it doesn't matter if it gets wet. Other than that as mentioned you should be able to pick up paper maps at service stations and hotels.

Thx.

any idea what the different colors of trails represent. I don't see a legend, maybe it's cause I'm on my phone

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The pink is the groomed sled trails, blue is creeks and white is ungroomed roads/trails I think. Those maps are outdated though, some of those trails no longer exist or have been changed and lots of the white roads are deactivated or washed out from the 2013 floods, so it only looks like they are passable. with the lack of snow down there this year, lots of them will still have dirt on them in spots.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This could improve things if it isn't rain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Summit 934

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top Gunn sports in Blairmore has both paper and cloth maps for sale, not sure of the price. I live about 5 min from Atlas staging area, it's snowing and blowing right now and suppose to last all day....hopefully will be an improvement!! If anyone is going for a ride thurs/fri/sat I wouldn't mind as well if its ok to tag along?? I'll maybe take a drive up there later and see what it looks like, can post an update then.

Top Bottom