atlas riding conditions

Summitdoorule

Reaction score
Nice Pictures... That is Race Horse Pass you are on there... Unfortunately you can't get through to the BC side (Alexander Creek Valley) because of the Snow Chutes... In the Summer time it is a little skinny Trail for Dirt Bike and Quads...

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it snows this week I will try to go I from Dutch to check conditions on Saturday if no no I will post sat night

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went in from Dutch all good more snow is needed of course cut across to bc set trail in race horse tornado the is a downed big tree to go under on trail up on Alberta side need a chain saw to fix we shoved under but won't be passable when their is more snow will try to pack in a big sweet saw next time through

Summit 934

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's been a torrential downpour all afternoon near the Atlas turnoff and its not suppose to let up until tomorrow sometime. It's not looking good on this side of the border.

corey.greene

Reaction score
What are the conditions this weekend? Looking to head out Sunday trying to decide between atlas or Corbin?

Last edited:

Summit 934

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The rain turned to snow after my last post, woke up to 6 inches of wet & heavy at the hwy. My group went to Corbin yesterday said there was a foot of fresh on 3-4 foot base. Not sure what Atlas is like.

corey.greene

Reaction score
Did you go?
Looks to be some light snow today according to highway cam.

Snow was good for this time of year. Deans park was the best snow we found in that area. Still needs another 2' to be amazing and get up and over those smaller trees. Also a lot of the avalanche danger is still present we seen a few areas that have come down but still a lot of areas that needed to come down (this was on Sunday though so the conditions may have very well changed with this snow we got this week). We are heading back to Corbin this weekend.

I'd say all in all its comparable to what we had all of last year so I'm not complaining.:snow:

Don't have any pictures of conditions down low only got one picture and is was on a ridge that was all wind blown sorry. :doh: I need to take more pictures.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of riding Atlas on Saturday. Any updates? Trail fees this year?

atver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea, I would like to hear what the conditions were like also, we were thinking of trying to ride from Dutch to Elkford on Friday if anyone has any info. Thanks

Skyhigh

Reaction score
Yea, I would like to hear what the conditions were like also, we were thinking of trying to ride from Dutch to Elkford on Friday if anyone has any info. Thanks
We went over the pass yesterday. Snow was good up top, like fernie snow said we got into some thick alders on the bc side. Turned around and headed back to alberta, but they were passable.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone cut up the tree blocking the trail on the alberta side on tornado or should I take the saw with

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as trail riding goes, Atlas was great. Off trail not so much.

Sent from my SGH-I527M using Tapatalk

Top Bottom