ARP Head Stud Kit M1100 Turbo

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anybody install the ARP head stud kit on their M1100 Turbo? I am having trouble finding the torque sequence for the studs.

Reaction score
Depends on your level of mechanical skill. If you read evos instructions and think there's something you can't do then bring it to someone who can.

Reaction score
They come out easy. No issues there. Make sure you mark your cam gears and when re-assembling it will be tricky to keep the chain from skipping. Takes patience. Follow the instructions evo has posted on there site thy are pretty straight forward.

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It went really well, but took way longer than I expected. The stock bolts came out easy and the new studs went in smooth. Just don't bottom out the studs. If you do it will leave one thread on the nut above the stud. Trick I did was put on the nut and washer on the stud where I wanted it to end up then drop it into the head and tighten it down with the torque head in the top of the stud. Then torqued the nut to 30 ft/lbs and moved through the studs in sequence. Then went back to torque them all down to 60 ft/lbs. I took a lot of pictures with my phone on disassemble which helped a lot on assembly. The hardest part was putting in the chain tensioner. Put a rag in under it because if you loose the ball bearing or the spring down it the bottom would suck. Trick on the bottom bolt on the tensioner was hard because of the jack shaft and could not get a socket or wrench in there. I took off the right rubber boot off the turbo and used the bent wrench in the tool kit that came with the sled and it worked really well. All in all it was not that hard, just took a lot of time but I saved over $400 by installing them myself. Plus found a few bolts and hose clamps along the way that was loose from factory, so I was glad that I did it.

Sent from my iPhone using

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cam gears are marked already. Just make sure you take them out at TDC. I marked the chain (16 teeth in the chain between top of cam gears) I used some paper whiteout to just mark the exact tooth where it came off and it went back together very easy peezy. Just put a screwdriver or something through the chain so you don't drop the chain down into the case. That would really suck!!

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just finished putting in the rollover valve and also a high flow air intake, by cutting a hole in the hood. She now looks and sounds mean! 265 hp here I come I am ready to rock!

Top Bottom