Area 51

renegade x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ithought area 51 was in valemont!!! It's the road before the ferryI think it's been a few years since I had the 90 Mach1 (ton) there.

• Staff

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Area 51??

I think there is an area 51 and area 52 in quartz creek too, and i believe in north blue river/valemount area as well, but i was interested in the "area 51" south of revvy.......... Come on you local revvy residences, spill the beans, where is it??? i have a good idea where, but just need to know if it was the turn to the right just before the ferry???:confused:

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Pretty sure everywhere has and area 51, you guys gotta try area 102, twice as good.
That is how you get there, and nope I haven`t rode there.

• Staff

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Thanks Powder Puff

pretty sure everywhere has and area 51, you guys gotta try area 102, twice as good. That is how you get there, and nope i haven`t rode there.
yup, thanks again....... We were quite sure that was it, as one of the local troutlake snowboarders showed us(on an early 1900's map) where it was ............. Oh, the power of "internet"!!!:eek:

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
heard they are going to be logging up there this winter. You`ll need radios to access the area, it sure will be easier for everyone to find.
We hope to have info on the sledrevy site soon.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
ANYONE KNOW WHICH ROAD TO TAKE TO GET TO "AREA 51", JUST SOUTH OF REVY, BEFORE THE SHELTERBAY FERRY???:confused: :confused:

The road is just before the ferry, take a right and follow right along the lake for as far as you can, there are turn arounds along the road and at about about km 10 or so ( I can't remember)there is a larger place to stage trucks at. once your unloaded you have to follow the old logging road for about another 25 km. You will come to a wooden bridge this is where we leave a stash of fuel and fill up. its another 10 km to the the REAL NICE STUFF!!!! LAst year we met a large group in there that came in from Vernon side of the world, this is a very large place. No grommers and hard on the bones when riding in the spring....hot tub a must

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok come on here lets get a map to this place. i wanna ride it atleast once this wintr or go with some guys that know the area.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They used to plow the road as far as the pingston powersite. Its an incredible area.also called paint lake and the ledge. Just b prepared you can go a long ways back and may be the only ones in there.

ammo01

Reaction score
area 51 is south of revelstoke logging road on the right at 50km just befor the farry. theres a cabin on the front side. its a long ride in to 51 . bring gas . if your comming to revelstoke give me a call i can show you all the good shittt....cheers and happyholidays www.revelstokecabin.com

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When Lococoin and I went to Revy we tried to get into Area 51 and there was a large stump across the trail. There was about three feet of snow on the trail and I think we would have needed another three feet to get over the stump. The problem was the roots sticking up with the large base it blocked the whole trail. The stump was where the clearing was after you get up into the trees. We couldn`t go up the hill onto the clearing... to many landmines and below the trail was too many trees to get around. So unless they have got another three feet of snow in Area 51 I would take a chain saw to cut off the roots.

mountainbigbull

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heard they are going to be logging up there this winter. You`ll need radios to access the area, it sure will be easier for everyone to find.
We hope to have info on the sledrevy site soon.

This is very true. You need a radio to go there this year or you will be eating wood and having a Western star "W" on you forehead. But if you do have a radio it makes the ride to the alpine very short! We followed an empty logging truck up and still managed to get the trailer side swiped. Leave the enclosed trailer in town. Deck or two place. Parking very very limited. Not sure if they logging on the weekends so maybe that would be the time to go. Still might be traffic though road is very narrow and curvy. Paint lake or Empress lake is what your aiming for.

Area51closeup.jpg

close up view
Area51Vernon.jpg

Quite a ride from the Vernon side.
Area51.jpg

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode area 51 today and you can get in but still not enough snow to cover all of the landmines. You can get to the alpine ok but still needs another 3 feet of snow. So in other words not worth the drive from Revy yet. Once in the Alpine it is extremely wind blown and fairly high avalanche with the wind blown slopes. Still needs another 4 feet of snow before all of the rocks/hazards will be comfortable to ride on. I would wait till January 5 for sure until there is more snow.
Michael :nono:

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh forgot to mention, do not go to Area 51 without radios. You will get into trouble with the loggers. To many incidents already this year and they are not happy with sledders.

ackid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure everywhere has and area 51, you guys gotta try area 102, twice as good.
That is how you get there, and nope I haven`t rode there.

we sure found area 102 last year!! was awsome but if i told u id have to kill ya!! got to find 51 next! sounds good! hey powder puff any idea what cat ski outfit is south of town on the west side of the hwy ? we found it last year? pm with the name! thanx

Top Bottom