APP Alberta Pension Plan

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont know why not? Seems like it comes with a lot of benifits...

For many it's a pride thing. I know a few people in the same boat that could enjoy extra benefits from Treaty or Metis status but choose not to. They pay taxes just like the rest of us, because they want to be like the rest of us and don't believe they should get special treatment because of the color of their skin.

I have a lot of respect for that.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For many it's a pride thing. I know a few people in the same boat that could enjoy extra benefits from Treaty or Metis status but choose not to. They pay taxes just like the rest of us, because they want to be like the rest of us and don't believe they should get special treatment because of the color of their skin.

Absolutely could not agree more on that statement. No race or special group deserves more benefits over another period Imo. To bad the pollie's have dumbed down the populous through propaganda and education to make them think this way, all the while getting to pay for it all off there own working backs. Smh

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I agree they shouldnt get special treatment, but is what it is.

And i like special treatment. So id sign right up.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I with you. The government robs us any chance they get we should try to get some back any chance we get.
And that right there is why there is a difference between "De-facto Gobbernment" and De-Jure Gobbernment" where we live in the De-facto regime.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The WEF owns our CPP. Get us out and into Alberta’s!

https://www.weforum.org/organizations/canada-pension-plan-investment-board/

https://www.cppinvestments.com/

Have a look for yourself, fricken BS, AlbertaStrong we go it on our own.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody actually read the whole proposed legislation on this? I was in a debate with a guy about it today and he said that even though Smith would only go on the results of a referendum she still can do what ever she wants basically. He provided me with a screenshot of this off a CTV article. Save me reading 40 pages if anyone knows about this. Thanks.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only thing I had to see was Trudeau and Freeland strongly fighting the APP. This in itself means it’s likely a great thing for Albertans and not so much for the rest of Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Smith should be getting what AB’s payout will be, then what rates would be and what the individual benefits would be then start the conversation. This done wrong will be bad publicity for UCP. Pretty simple start i think

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Smith should be getting what AB’s payout will be, then what rates would be and what the individual benefits would be then start the conversation. This done wrong will be bad publicity for UCP. Pretty simple start i think

They did that, at least per the formula they came up with. They figure it will take the federal government years to come up with a number, which is a purely political move to sow the seeds of doubt within Albertans and prevent Alberta from withdrawing.

Make no mistake, the CPP would face serious challenges if forced to pay Albertans out.

Question is how do you have an honest conversation with the feds about the topic? They have zero interest in giving Albertans what we want, particularly with Smith leading the charge. They won't even come to the table, they'll just use division tactics as they have on every topic for the last 8 years.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Simple just push for the number, thats step 1 before the rest is talked about. Push and just keep pushing

Top Bottom