APP Alberta Pension Plan

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems to me a no brainier from what I have heard and read so far .
People o talk too think the same thing so far .
What’s the S&M group thoughts ?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't looked into it much.

But what's happens if you work your life in Alberta and decide to retire somewhere else in Canada, would that effect a persons pension?

Reactions: RXN

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I figure if the Liberals and the NDP are against it then it must be a good program? Quebec has their own system separate from Canada. Yet the Turd doesn’t want us to have our own? Sounds like what we have now is just another equalization scheme.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I figure if the Liberals and the NDP are against it then it must be a good program? Quebec has their own system separate from Canada. Yet the Turd doesn’t want us to have our own? Sounds like what we have now is just another equalization scheme.
When you see the numbers, it is a huge equalization scheme. Something like 15% of albertans are part of the cpp but pay for 53% of the fund.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a lot of people against changing it, especially elderly people. They are saying leave well enough alone. I guess they are fine getting hosed?

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed… just another way Albertans are supporting an above average portion of the fund, and then not receiving that back. Hidden equalization…..
I don’t think the CPP has been mishandled, fund managers are the same regardless of the current government.

I’d be more interested to know if all the proper funds make it into the CPP plan!!!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Right on Ken. If Quebec has their own, separate from the Canadian Pension Plan, it must be for a money saving reason. It is real interesting how many things are different in Quebec other than the language issues.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agree
I don't need the government to manage my money. They have proven to me that there totally incompetent. I will manage my own retirement.
Agree 100% but when you have to pay into it might as well get the best bang for your contraritiion .
It’s a big scam in the long run as pay tax on it when you contribute and then pay on it again when you start using it .
Tip over at 60 and all those years paying are gone as doesn’t go to spouse or estate .

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the survey, I think it’s a good thing. Keep the money in Alberta, I am unsure if letting the government look after it is a good thing, Get an Alberta DB pension plan going.

Quebec did it so it must be better for the residents of that province, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sickening. Looks like the graph for provincial equalization.

1695493832811.png

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

An independent report released on Thursday indicated that Alberta’s withdrawal from the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) would trigger a mammoth $334-billion asset transfer to Wild Rose Country — a sum that would comprise over half of the fund’s total assets.

Gotta love the last sentence in this article as well:

If the newly single Trudeau continues on his present course of confrontation with Alberta, he could soon find himself in a situation where two women — Sophie Grégoire and Danielle Smith — are each after half his assets.

Top Bottom