APP Alberta Pension Plan

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a conversation about this with my sister who is a nurse in Alberta, she hates the UCP and called Smith a loon.
I can't believe she supports the NDP, she couldn't say what the NDP did well just that she hates the UCP and how the "new health" care structure is going to be terrible This shows the propaganda machine works.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a conversation about this with my sister who is a nurse in Alberta, she hates the UCP and called Smith a loon.
I can't believe she supports the NDP, she couldn't say what the NDP did well just that she hates the UCP and how the "new health" care structure is going to be terrible This shows the propaganda machine works.
The ndpee fawked the health care before , same as power ect

Kenny didn't do much unfortunately, he's a useless s.o.b

Now Smith is trying to fix things and swing them back

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same here, I have a niece that’s a doctor here in Ab, she doesn‘t care if Liberal or NDP are in, just as long as it’s not UCP…. No wonder our health care is f&cked.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are a few that still haven’t been brainwashed. I have a cousin that is an RN in a town of 3500. She told me there are 27 nurses on her floor employed and they have 9 managers for those nurses. That’s 1 manager for every 3 nurses. She said there is far too much money spent on management in AHS. She likes Smith.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Smith should be getting what AB’s payout will be, then what rates would be and what the individual benefits would be then start the conversation. This done wrong will be bad publicity for UCP. Pretty simple start i think
Absolutely, right now its all guessing with no definative numbers.
I am 126% in favor of getting out of CPP and I'm soonish to retire.
Would like to see a better deal for my kids.
UCP needs to win this, the health care battle, get out of carbon tax deal and basically deal with these one at a time and start setting a pattern if breaking out from the Ottawa black shadow.
Pick the easiest to go at first and eventually it sure would be nice to see some transfer money stay in this province.
Must develope a patter of winning.

Last edited:

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
shut trudopes media out of every senior centres that would make then listen to the truth that is where the ndp go to get their stats about who don't want it SCARE TACTICS AGAIN

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Absolutely, right now its all guessing with no definative numbers.
I am 126% in favor of getting out of CPP and I'm soonish to retire.
Would like to see a better deal for my kids.
UCP needs to win this, the leath care battle, get of carbon tax deal and basically deal win these one at a time and start setting a pattern if breaking out from the Ottowa black shadow.
Pick the easiest to go at first and eventually sure would be nice to see some transfer money stay in this province.
Must develope a patter of winning.
100%

Don’t put the cart in front of the horse, UCP need to be strategic and accurate. Me too retiring soon, glad i am not relying on my CPP.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
to all the young working people out there YOU CANNOT LIVE ON YOUR PENSION when you retire please set aside money now or you will retire very poor we see this with seniors now trying to live on 1500.00 per month try doing that when your young and have no medical bills having a Alberta Pension Plan will get you a lot more than the federal ccp but not enough to live on it only please look to the future being as dim as it looks right now we can hope for change to come ALBERTAS way

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This should be a no brainer for most with a little knowledge of how Quebec has done this for years, and still managed to make the rest of the provinces pay for there chit. While they get a pass on many fronts, Quebec has there own pension plan, 10$ dc get a pass on carbon tax etc.. the list is vast. If sheeple cannot see this then ignorance really/truly must be bliss for those individuals. I for 1 would like Alberta to have there own pension plan for Albertans there should be no reason why not, as the economic engine for the nation and the billions we have paid by way of EQ payments, the time is now we make a stand against the narcissistic feds for our future.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Here is a nice and easy to use comparison chart for CPP vs QPP.
Easy to see the differences.
I am in the CPP system and believe that an Alberta one would not be much different IMO only.
I guess my concern along with other seniors is disruption or loss of any benefits,

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am in the CPP system and believe that an Alberta one would not be much different IMO only.
I guess my concern along with other seniors is disruption or loss of any benefits,

I think its more about leverage and levels of protection. The further away the feds are from peoples money the harder it is for them to interfere with it.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I share your concerns and also do not believe an Albertan will get more then they get now in CPP. I hate the federal liberals but also do not trust any politician no matter what stripe they are.
Remember Jason Kenney campaigning he would roll back the tax increases Notley put in. Gets in and then only does it for corporations the sleazy bastard. I don't trust Smith any more than him.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree there would be no difference to Albertans but it would change the rest of the countries pension if Alberta's portion is really 50%ish.

Scare tactic to push the federal government back a few notches. More provinces need to put the screws to the Liberals.

Top Bottom