Anyone know anything about Buffalo Lake

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing a cabin at Buffalo Lake but don't know alot about the lake and would appreciated anyone's knowledge about the lake. Will be used for boating rather than fishing so don't care much about what the fishing is like.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing a cabin at Buffalo Lake but don't know alot about the lake and would appreciated anyone's knowledge about the lake. Will be used for boating rather than fishing so don't care much about what the fishing is like.

I know a guy at work is selling his place at Buffalo Lake....They did lots of wake boarding/sking etc.

scorpio

Reaction score
Water is pretty good quality. Sand bottom, shallow around the edges, not sure about the centre. Large lake though so lots of room even with lots of boats.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't been there in years, but we used to ski the lake...

Attachments

• Buffalo Lake info.jpg
    Buffalo Lake info.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 114

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
The water stinks some of the time. Lots of sand bars. But overall a nice place
Fish flies can be bad. Lots of pike for fishing.
And it is a huge lake

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Used to be quite shallow. The water level was raised a couple of years ago to help revitalize the lake. The lakes in that area are all slowly dying becoming more alkaline each year. Check out Red Deer lake just up the road for an example. There are a number of very nice properties on the lake which may have helped in the decision to divert water from the Red deer river to the lake.

Old Macdonalds farm is nice there. Other than that it is what it is a shallow prairie lake.

Top Bottom