Anyone have opinion on living in Drumheller?

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I lived in rosedale just outside drum for two years. Never seen any real crazy bugs, just one bull snake (at which point I discovered I can jump about 4' straight up lol) the weather is much nicer than northern ab (AC is a must) and there's some pretty cool scenery and historic mining stuff around there. I liked it there but I did miss having trees as it's bald azz prairie outside the valley.If you buy a house there pay close attention to the foundation and the grade around your property,you need good drainage otherwise the soil gets wet and expands and literally crushes the foundations around there( I think they call it bentonite) most houses we looked at in Drum had some type of fairly serious foundation issues,and some had fairly clever ways of trying to disguise it (ie: subfloors to hide major cracks in the floor).

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The nick name for drumheller is drunkinheller just a FYI

I nicknamed it Bumsmeller lol

To the OP, if I had a choice of anywhere, it would be west of hiway 2... Between Calgary and Edmonton. Olds, Rocky, Drayton Valley... Drumheller would feel a bit more like Regina lol

HeavyD111

Reaction score
Geez dont say that lol. Foundation cracks? Ok will check it out. There is an operating position coming open at the Pen in Bowden apparently, might be an option too. Pay isnt stellar but never will be a shortage of inmates, so would be a stable job.

I am sure there must be gas plants from Red Deer south that im not aware of too that might hire at some point. Anywhere off hand I should inquire?
When I complete my 3rd class there should be many more options for us, but with a 4th and lots of competition landing the job in the spots we would prefer has been a challenge. Of course in this recent economy i am glad to have a job...

mick

Reaction score
I liked living in Drum....35 years ago. Still enjoy going back to visit

Top Bottom