Anyone have dual citizenship?

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From the states, living in Canada now for just over 6 years. Have been a permanent resident for the past 2 years so I should be ok to apply for dual status.

Has anyone gone through this or something like it? Wondering if I just apply for Canadian citizenship and call it good or if there is a "special" dual process.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am both English and Canadian as of February last year. You apply for it and schedule the exam at Canada place building on 97th st downtown. It was 20 easy questions lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Drink came up sledding and liked it so much he married Momma so he could stay

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am both English and Canadian as of February last year. You apply for it and schedule the exam at Canada place building on 97th st downtown. It was 20 easy questions lol.

I didn't know there was a fellow Englishman on snow and mud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while I'm meant to be working

puddle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure they give out an actual "dual" citizenship. You own both american and Canadian and use the one who's country you enter. Don't tell one about the other.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure they give out an actual "dual" citizenship. You own both american and Canadian and use the one who's country you enter. Don't tell one about the other.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's how my old man goes about it. American passport when entering the states, Canadian passport when entering Canada (Or any country that isn't the states :D)

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's how my old man goes about it. American passport when entering the states, Canadian passport when entering Canada (Or any country that isn't the states :D)

Have you ever thought about getting your US citizenship

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HAHAHA........My ol man has his US Citizenship and was told I could apply for mine as he was born in the US . Kinda had the same interest as you but could come in handy .

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I feel like I'm watching the states spiral down the drain as time goes on, I don't need to be a part of that.

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the friggin date format on a permanent residency card? is it month / day / year or day / month / year? I cannot for the life of me remember when I got the thing.

Top Bottom