Anyone have a good bug screen/cattail screen fix for these outlanders!?

hihi962

Reaction score
Know of a post or photos or something I can buy to keep the fuzz out of my radiator!? it's anoying me how much is collecting in there and blocking air flow.
I am about to cut the screen off grandma's front door and pop-rivet it on right away!

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did two things....I zip-tied a piece of screen behind the front bumper....and I made a screen that drops down in front of the rad. Both made from stiff-ish expanded steel mesh. Some plastic cutting is required to get the screen in front of the rad....it was just a flat chunk with a 1" 90 at the top that slides down from the top. ( I have a rad relocate now...my issue was mud, not fuzz)

Last edited:

hihi962

Reaction score
nice, thanks, I'm gonna do a few searches for a rad relocate kit, who makes a good one?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice, thanks, I'm gonna do a few searches for a rad relocate kit, who makes a good one?
Can Am makes a nice kit. Comes with everything. PN 715001178...300 bucks or so. If you have snorkels that come out low on the pod, or out in front...this kit won't work.

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brp rad relocate kit is what you want, about $300. I have a snorkle kit for sale if you need one also, pm me if interested.

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dave B, what kind of snorkles do you run, did you have to trim the top plastic on your rad kit to make the snorkles work with the relocate. Thanks

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a East Coast Snorkel kit....used to point straight up....I just flipped the snorks end for end and it lays down nice along the pod now. Yes, I trimmed a notch in the plastic rad relocate cap.

Last edited:

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dave, these Outlanders sure like it when the rads are up, I am impressed with the difference the relocate made in my riding. Pretty much the whole riding group that I ride with has made the switch to relocating the rad. Good looking Outty Dave, also great videos on here.

..Stiffler..

Reaction score
I also have a BRP relocate kit...and my snorkels are a bit different than daves but same idea...just trimmed the top plastic about an 1" - 2"

also brp has a rad protector that might work...

part number if you cant see it is 703500543

2iaa0le.jpg

and here is my relocate...best looking one IMO

2yv8byu.jpg

5ls8rd.jpg

6ns6ps.jpg

296f8r5.jpg

Stiff

hihi962

Reaction score
Dave/Stiffler, thats a nice kit, it must be the new MR relocate, did you just relocate your rad, or did you add a second rad? I am thinking of somehow adding a second rad with that kit, maybe having a hand valve to turn it on for extra cooling when needed or something..?
think this would be logical?
BRP also has a factory snorkle kit, I wonder if it would be much of an improvement to what I already have or not? I thought the intake was already up by the instruements for 2010 models?

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hihi962, once you move the rad to the rack you won't need a second rad. I have a snorkle kit from snorkle your atv if you are looking for one, its brand new, I installed the Can Am kit instead, pm me if your interested in the snorkle kit. You want your intakes and belt exhaust as high as you can get them if you ride in any kind of water, the stock locations are to low for any wet riding, especially the belt intake and exhaust.

Last edited:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No stock lights.....raised rad..... Cat-tails and mud blockage BETTER be a thing of the past!!

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No stock lights.....raised rad..... Cat-tails and mud blockage BETTER be a thing of the past!!

How do you like that LED light kit? I have been looking at one but man are they expensive.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just did the LED install this past weekend....went for a test ride Friday night in a blizzard...VERY bright!

Top Bottom