Help? Two trucks need to sell one

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys... I need your help. I have two trucks and as most of you know Im looking for a new one. I still feel bad for the crappy post about which diesel is more reliable... in today's day and age i have no specific auto maker i prefer more then others... so i opened up a big can of worms... im not looking to do that here...

Here's what I got

2002 Dodge Cummins 4x4 sle crew cab (the little one with the suside doors) 6 speed std HO. Air intake, 4 inch MBRP exhause turbo back, rino gaurd matching canopy... 280K but everyone who looks at says "it looks virgin" all hwy km's, leather every option except sun roof and power mirrors as it's got the tow mirrors

2nd truck (just inherited)

1994 dodge cummins 12 valve auto 4x4 reg cab long box... two tone paint green and baige, rino guard in box up graded rims on 285"s (grand pa had style) matching canopy fully loaded for that year 94,000K Mint condition no upgrades... was grand pa's truck has sat in a heated garage for last 4 years with out starting before the drove it 600 k one way about 10 times per year to his fav fishing whole... no idea how much to dump tank change all fluids before starting it will cost me... one accident hit tall curb at 60km/h replaced front drive shaft... fixed at dealer so i believe its good to go and found a bill in the truck for 1300 to fix something on tranny... not sure what... something about hose's? I think grand pa being old got hosed IMOP

What are these vehicle's worth? Not blue book what do you think a guy is willing to pay... PLEASE no arguments i can post some pics next week as grand pa's truck is currently 1000k away...

I have one boy 20 months old so i was looking to buy a crew cab... mega cab... but im not rich so i was thinking sell one truck buy 1500 gaser for running around with family then i can keep the one diesel for my play truck... we have a small 2001 jeta the wife drives but being in big truck country i want her to drive a bigger vehicle and she's not going to use my diesel for an everyday run about

what would you get ride of?

Thanks...

Dragin

Reaction score
I've heard lots of people talk about really good fuel economy on the 02 gen. For that reason I would sell the 94 just my thoughts. I'd guess you'd probably get 5-6g for it I sold my 97 Chev 6.5TD for 5500$ it had 283000km on it. If that helps.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only way to not open a can of worms on here, is to not ask for opinions. Haha. Oh oh, I may have opened another.

true... i've just heard everyone wants the old 12 valve (don't know why it always felt slow to me) ... thinking maybe i should keep that and sell the 24

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard lots of people talk about really good fuel economy on the 02 gen. For that reason I would sell the 94 just my thoughts. I'd guess you'd probably get 5-6g for it I sold my 97 Chev 6.5TD for 5500$ it had 283000km on it. If that helps.

no chip at 105 km/h with 285's i get about 13litres per 100 km empty loaded is about 15.5

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see pictures of them both please! Pm for my email or reply here, thanks.

jkrabben

Reaction score
If you dont need the extended cab, id say keep the 94'. Everyone wants the 12 valve p pumped trucks because they have huge power potential and free mods you can do if its going to be your play truck. The 94 will also probably get better fuel mileage than the 02. I think the 94 is probably worth more than the 02, there is a 94 on kijiji right now with 500000 kms asking 7 grand. The 02 is probably worth 7-9 grand imo, especially if its in good shape. For a diesel play truck you cant get anything better than a 12 valve p pumped cummins

jkrabben

Reaction score
oh and the 94 is probably more reliable, the 24 valve trucks tend to have injection pump problems if you dont put a better lift pump on them like a fass or airdog

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh and the 94 is probably more reliable, the 24 valve trucks tend to have injection pump problems if you dont put a better lift pump on them like a fass or airdog

Good point... i spent the money... had my a lift pump installed in the tank and took the stock one off... it failed 4 times and burned the injector pump all in all the bill was around 5 k when everything was done...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
usually askin and getting are 2 different things. may be why not alot of vehicles are selling these days.

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO, keep the 12 valve...as mentioned HUGE power potential AND great fuel economy!! Just my 2 cents:)

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If that 94 is mint its worth a lot to the right buyer, hard to say for sure but easily over $10k possibly as high as $15k. Very very few 4wds left in good shape especially with that low of km. 4 years is a long time to sit though, if it's bad the truck could need thousands in work. At least if it's inside animals aren't a issue. The 02 is worth $7-10k depending on shape.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man that's tough , I'd wanna keep both. Haha.... But if I had to sell one it would be that 02. Old 12 valves are just awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while working extremely hard

Top Bottom