Anyone been to Big Mountain over Xmas

sirzones

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have they started grooming out there yet?
thinking of a family ride

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trails are groomed, it's low on snow, but the trail I was on was not in bad shape. Road is plowed and pk lot is clear.

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trails are Groomed?

TNT - A local 4x4 Club, has a New Years day run out there, every year...

They are allowed to as the groomer hasn't been in by then....
So....has the groomer actually been in?! Or are the trails just in nice shape?

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trails are Groomed?

TNT - A local 4x4 Club, has a New Years day run out there, every year...

They are allowed to as the groomer hasn't been in by then....
So....has the groomer actually been in?! Or are the trails just in nice shape?

They have a groomer on the back of a sled. The guy running it said there are 3 loops groomed. I rode on the one behind the shelter for 5 miles or so.

sirzones

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont think trucks and jeeps should be on the sled trails this time of year.
summer time is ok,but its pointless to groom if trail is going to be wrecked.
any body agree?:nono:

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went back there yesterday with my kids, the 4X4 club were definitly there. They didn't tear the trails up to bad, there's not enough snow. I wonder if the SCSC knows they have a anual event in that area. Any way if we get another 6" of snow out there it will be smooth sailing.

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TNT wouldn't tear up the trails, they promote responsible wheeling, with no enviro impact.
However, the agreement I was told about, was that TNT was allowed out there, as long as the groomer hadn't been out...

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TNT wouldn't tear up the trails, they promote responsible wheeling, with no enviro impact.
However, the agreement I was told about, was that TNT was allowed out there, as long as the groomer hadn't been out...

With the little amount of snow, they probably wouldnt have noticed if it was groomed or not. The SCSC is getting a new website, then they will be updating the conditions and people will know if it is groomed. They didn't tear the trails up, they had fun on the river though.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sure hope that they can come to a understanding. Takes time to groom any trail sure hope some volunteers time isnt blown away by trucks and quads ripping them up. Doesn`t take long for sleds to wear it out, faster with wheeled vehicles.
Good luck. I hear that the ASA is coming to GP to check out the Big Mountain system and the future link to Fox Creek. Will make for a long ride. Better pack fuel.

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the little amount of snow, they probably wouldnt have noticed if it was groomed or not. The SCSC is getting a new website, then they will be updating the conditions and people will know if it is groomed. They didn't tear the trails up, they had fun on the river though.

Heard there was a few "moments" on the river. TNT is supposed to be getting stewardship of an area south of the Big Mountain trail system for low impact OHV's, (read Small responsible trucks) which, in winter, will probably work out very well for the sledders!!!

Top Bottom