Anybody Know exactly What This Is?

rwjk0

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is not in my possession yet, but I bought this and can't find any info on it. I was told that it is a 1964or1965 Willys jeep pickup with a 4 cylinder.
I would appreciate any info. Thanks S&M'rs

Attachments

• Kyles pics 2010 070[1].jpg
    Kyles pics 2010 070[1].jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 268

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Not a Willys truck. Willys trucks had a step side bed on them square bottom doors That door is a classic CJ swoop. I can't see if there is a marker light on the front fender so I will guess at a pre 1970 Jeep CJ6 maybe 64-65 like you mentioned. CJ6 is the same as a CJ5 except long wheel base

Phyer Phyter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have any other pictures? I cant find any Jeep trucks with out stepside box, It looks more like a Toyota FJ45 early '60's but the door line is wrong. Toyota doors are more square not like the door in your picture, otherwise It looks very similar to a Toyota. Try googling Jeep and Toyota trucks.

rwjk0

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is a pic of a 65 looks pretty much the same to me

Seeing the spare tire mounted on the side makes sense why the boxside has the groove in it. What about the hard cab, do you think it was an after thought, or would it have come that way?

rwjk0

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have any other pictures? I cant find any Jeep trucks with out stepside box, It looks more like a Toyota FJ45 early '60's but the door line is wrong. Toyota doors are more square not like the door in your picture, otherwise It looks very similar to a Toyota. Try googling Jeep and Toyota trucks.

That is the only picture I have at this time. I would guess the truck to be a 1/4 ton as it doesn't look very big compared to the little boat on top.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is the only picture I have at this time. I would guess the truck to be a 1/4 ton as it doesn't look very big compared to the little boat on top.

there was a truck version that was i think a cj 8 that was released in the 70's

Last edited:

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Looks like a 64-65 DJ5 which was the extended version of the CJ6

Doesn't look to be a DJ (dispatch/delivery Jeep) there where usually short with a full cab usually used by the USPS with big semi like turn signals on the fenders. The biggest way to tell is by the narrowed grill from the usual 7 bar grill down to a 5 bar grill on the DJ

As for the cab you could get a full cab and a half cab

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Doesn't look to be a DJ (dispatch/delivery Jeep) there where usually short with a full cab usually used by the USPS with big semi like turn signals on the fenders. The biggest way to tell is by the narrowed grill from the usual 7 bar grill down to a 5 bar grill on the DJ

As for the cab you could get a full cab and a half cab

I agree, but there was a 'long' DJ6...Maybe?

Look at this one...

Top Bottom