Any one on here from the Smithers Area

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear that is easier to find true love than sunsine in Stewart every day that we where in Smithers with sun Stewart was snowing It might be a better spring ride.

Yah stewart usually gets more sunny days in the spring. It's cloudy so much there because they get so much snow. You usually cant ride there till like Jan because there is to much powder..

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like summit said the prob with groming in smithers is the lack of people that are willing do do the work and the narrow trails. There are about 4 or 5 trails that are groomed with valunteers on some what of a regulare basis. However the steeper trails that are not the more commonly used tend to get over looked, these also so happen to be the trails that are used by the biggers sleds so they get pounded down quikly.

zduck14

Reaction score
Hey guys, I live in Smithers here and have all my life. Don't have a sled right now but I'm planning on getting one really soon (looking for a used Dragon) They're are some awesome area's around here and an amazing party for New Year's out in Granisle. Have to get tickets very early though

emm900

Reaction score
Both of the Groomers were fine last year and are both ready to go this year. The Mic has been groomed once already, Onion doesn't have enough to groom yet. The Mic has great snow, the onion and Dome are a week or 2 away from being really good. Harold Price apparently is pretty good to, but I haven't been there yet, the road will get plowed the km4 this coming week. For any info. call me at home 250-846-5969, or at John@telkwa.net
Everyone is welcome in Smithers, great snow, friendly people, call if you need any accomodation info. or

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We Rode Smithers last season for a week. The place is absolutely epic and the locals were all good people. A couple young guys took us to a new place every day...I think they were just happy to see some new faces:)
Going to go back this year for a few days and then on up to Stewart...Should be another good trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How is the snow doing this year. Friends went there last year and they were impressed. Large areas very few riders compared to some other places.
Would like a snow condition report Please

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heading out that way after xmas,any info on where to ride.never rode there before,so any info would be great.also where is a good place to stay.

J_E_SUMMIT

RIP, Fallen Sledder
Reaction score
Good place to stay is the Hudson Bay Lodge. As for where to ride, depends on the weather. Been bitterly cold for two weeks, so I haven't rode to tell you where the good snow is. -30c right now with a windchill warning ontop of that!

scrapmaster

Reaction score
i rode the pine creek side of the mic on sunday, was a bit of an inversion probly -15 on top was pretty windblown some decent snow but kind of crusty. yesterday we rode the dome, again an inversion -12 at the cabin and beautiful snow conditions in the meadows was just an afternoon ride so we didnt go far but had a good time carvin.. must say i love the mountains here lived in the valley for 22yrs and never had a sled moved to alberta an finally got a sled so this week is my first time up the mountains here all i know is i cant wait to move home an ride here every weekend:beer:

zduck14

Reaction score
The snow has been awesome lately. Found a lot of untouched powder the last couple up the onion.

Hey Stu, where's the pictures of Josh's sled in the trees?

scrapmaster

Reaction score
The snow has been awesome lately. Found a lot of untouched powder the last couple up the onion.

Hey Stu, where's the pictures of Josh's sled in the trees?

oh right forgot to put them up here IMG_4207.jpg

IMG_4194.jpg IMG_4167.jpg

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah.. Until i moved back into bc, Mcbride bc.. I used to live in the burns lake and smithers area's.. They have some awesome riding there..

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey was wondering if you were part of the french peak crew last week? if so how was if not have you heard how it was?

J_E_SUMMIT

RIP, Fallen Sledder
Reaction score
hey was wondering if you were part of the french peak crew last week? if so how was if not have you heard how it was?

I was in French Peak on Sunday. Trail in was good, but the snow was windblown and hard as rock. There was a heavy inversion with temps over +10 degrees and very little snow ontop. I was the second person up the first gully and made it on my first try, but it took over an hour to get everyone up it because some people just refused to let off the gas. There was 14 of us in the group, and everyone was smart anough to stay away from highmarking as the slopes were really unstable.

Last edited:

J_E_SUMMIT

RIP, Fallen Sledder
Reaction score
I didn't get any pictures of the group, just scenery pictures.

photo.php

emm900

Reaction score
The Mic. and Sinclair were groomed yesterday, Last friday the Onion and Dome were taken care of. We have fresh snow falling and the Mic. and Sinclair are full of the Deep powder stuff. The local Hotels have deals on for Sledders so come on over to great snow conditions and smooth trails.

Top Bottom