another one today

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think wife and I are finished for the season, unless Crowsnest/Fernie gets more snow then we will go... You can read more here on this sledders death. Stay safe folks and use the skills you have learned in the courses.

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friday's death brings to 24 the number of people killed in avalanches in Western Canada this winter, all but one in British Columbia and most of them snowmobilers.

It's time people start to wake up and start using their brains out there, just because you have the biggest and baddest sled doesn't mean that your invincable, use some common sense when your in the mountains. See it way to often that a person goes up on their new high powered sled and slaps a cornice just so nobody can highmark them. Or playing on an open hillside that everybody knows that it will come down. The worst part about it, it's the person who went out and bought the newest and most powerful sled out there and has only been riding for a year. Everybody always thinks it can't happen to me I've got way to much experience, well reality it can happen to anyone at anytime. START USING YOUR BRAIN PEOPLE AND IF YOUR NOT SURE WHERE IT'S LOCATED, IT'S APPROX 3 FT ABOVE YOUR A$$ IN THE THING YOU CALL A HEAD:realmad:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple things wrong with what they were doing IMO:
#1: "The area where the avalanche occurred is commonly referred to as Silver Mines area by recreational users."

Get it through your heads folks and tell your friends - This is not a good stable area in general times and its a crazy area during times of bad avy's!!!!!! Don't know how many times we've said that on this site. If you are not very experienced with reading terrain etc and the avy conditions are bad, stay the fug out!

#2: "It appears that the group was high-marking in the area when the avalanche occurred."

Enough said.

Top Bottom