Alison Transmission Shops

Thunder101

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good place to have a "built" Alison.
I have a Duramax LMM that has a H&S programmer on it and the tranny is getting weak.
Lots of places in the States but most I talk to around here just order in the trans
and install. If Im going to drop good coin I would like to deal with "the shop" not
just the installer . Just thinking of having problems and getting some BS like "we didn't build it"
scares me.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
NAPC (North American Powertrain Company) based out of Edmonton, i have a race transmission and built transfer case for my duramax from them. Transmission can hold up to 1000horsepower

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think MPL in lacombe is highly regarded on some of the diesel forums.

'12 T4
Husaberg 570FE

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the gear centre rebuilds there own transmissions,all dyno tested,at there remanufactoring division, there shops remove and install the units,with warranty.no stores in saskatchewan,but have med hat,calgary and lethbridge ,edmonton etc.you can also have yours re-built if you prefer

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think MPL in lacombe is highly regarded on some of the diesel forums.

'12 T4
Husaberg 570FE

X2 really good work at MPL, have two buddies with 37's of their Dura's and no trans issues and they are both very hard on their trucks. 2007 LBZ and a 2008 Dura

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talk to Ted @ MPL in Lacombe or else Steve @ Commercial Powertrain in Balzac. PM me if you need numbers.
Avoid NAPC like the plague.

Cummins610

Reaction score
Commercial Powertrain in Balzac, Steve and his son run the shop. No "shift kits" or other companies rebuild kits used, they do all the hydraulics in house. Awesome guys and the best Allison's made.

Jade.

Thunder101

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I'm going to call some of these shops and get some info. As to getting the work done in Edmonton or any where else in AB that's not that big of a problem or not as big of a problem as dropping 8k and not getting what you were paying for.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Commercial Powertrain in Balzac, awesome price and good work. I researched a lot before going to those guys for a head gasket and I'm sure glad I did.

MPL quoted me a fair bit higher price.

Top Bottom