Albertans Welcome?

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they are to be used in BC they still need BC plates after 30 days in the province.
They will get away with it until they have an accident and then they may find themselves without insurance.
If they are Alberta residents I dont understand what the issue Is

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most of the vehicles operated by one prominent business family in Fernie have Alberta plates. Not sure how they get away with it but I suspect the vehicles are owned by a corporation registered in Alberta.
All the ckmp trucks have Berta plates, not sure what the big dealio is with that

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All the ckmp trucks have Berta plates, not sure what the big dealio is with that

commercial plates are different, you can run the province of registration plates in any other province, as long as you list the areas you are working in.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys, just think about it. Alberta plates (registration in Alberta) no PST! That is 7% savings!! It they can do it, why not??

Don't give me that wishy washy thing about Health Care, Highways, any infrastructure, etc.. Just follow the money.

Or even worse.....we get hosed for 12% pst if it's a private sale of a used vehicle. :rant:

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or even worse.....we get hosed for 12% pst if it's a private sale of a used vehicle. :rant:
That just seems criminal and over and over every time it changes hands. Grampa in AB gifted my son in BC a 1 ton diesel He had to pay 12 percent. I will be enjoying retirement in BC with my AB plates. Not signing up for that thievery

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That just seems criminal and over and over every time it changes hands. Grampa in AB gifted my son in BC a 1 ton diesel He had to pay 12 percent. I will be enjoying retirement in BC with my AB plates. Not signing up for that thievery

They didn't do the right paperwork. No tax if it's gifted from a family member. Just gave my son my old RZR. No tax.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They didn't do the right paperwork. No tax if it's gifted from a family member. Just gave my son my old RZR. No tax.
ICBC said you must prove pst had been paid on vehicle being gifted. Since it was an Alberta vehicle pst had never been paid. Since no 7 percent had been paid but 5 percent gst had been they charged 12 percent!

This why people run Alberta plates if they can

Last edited:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ICBC said you must prove pst had been paid on vehicle being gifted. Since it was an Alberta vehicle pst had never been paid. Since no 7 percent had been paid but 5 percent gst had been they charged 12 percent!

This why people run Alberta plates if they can

Chit, that's right. I forgot about that little gotcha.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chit, that's right. I forgot about that little gotcha.
Ya the crooked buggers Should have been 7 percent but they are still rear ending people. Even though the harmonized tax was undone they kept it at 12 percent for private sales. With the way they rip citizens off ICBC should have lower insurance premiums than Alberta

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya the crooked buggers Should have been 7 percent but they are still rear ending people. Even though the harmonized tax was undone they kept it at 12 percent for private sales. With the way they rip citizens off ICBC should have lower insurance premiums than Alberta
Icbc says the reason there so high, is because so many people from b. C, run alberta plates lmfao

Ummmmm no, it's the way icbc full spends money to ceo's that take money, but not give money lol

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Actually the crooks RAISED pst to 12% when we made them get rid of the HST. It was 7% before that. Never was any GST on private sales but dealers had to collect it on their sales. They lobbied the government to raise the PST on private sales to 12% to match. Haven't darkened a dealers door since then and I never will.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually the crooks RAISED pst to 12% when we made them get rid of the HST. It was 7% before that. Never was any GST on private sales but dealers had to collect it on their sales. They lobbied the government to raise the PST on private sales to 12% to match. Haven't darkened a dealers door since then and I never will.
Didn't know that about dealers.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are there any decent riding areas on this side of the boarder? I'll be going to BC as usual but who knows what could happen this fall, just thinking if the boarders got shut down again.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are there any decent riding areas on this side of the boarder? I'll be going to BC as usual but who knows what could happen this fall, just thinking if the boarders got shut down again.

I asked that a few years back and still have not ridden much AB terrain....

Top Bottom