Albertans Welcome?

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was all over BC first two weeks of July and had no problems at all with a diesel and red plate

Work has me in Kitimat, Terrace, Smithers, and Houston. No problems this spring and summer yet

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some of us folk from Alberta worked hard for nice toys. Your comment only shows the jealousy is still there lol
Jealous. Haha I don't think of a truck as a toy More of a tool to do work. Lifting it makes it less useful.

The Residents of BC really dont care what you drive but you can't argue the stereotype of what drives the lifted coal rolling diesel shortbox regardless of what provinces plate is on them.

See ya in the hills this winter weekdays only

Last edited:

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree that its blown way out of proportion for the most part. Just sucks that I was targeted at my own house at the beginning of the pandemic. Kinda makes a guy paranoid to leave his truck sitting anywhere.

That was unfortunate. Since I have owned a home here in BC for the past 15 years one thing I have become aware of that really bothers some is that some Albertans spend the majority of their time here looking like they live here and still have the AB plates. Really bugs them that ICBC rear ends them and they can't get around it. Maybe that anger was directed at that?

Last edited:

rodney1960

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was unfortunate. Since I have owned a home here in BC for the past 15 years one thing I have become aware of that really bothers some is that some Albertans that spend the majority of their time here looking like they live hee and still have the AB plates. Really bugs them that ICBC rear ends them and they can't get around it. Maybe that ianger wasvdirected at that?

Easy solution, get an AB residence and get red plates.

Then they won't have to go around spray painting people's stuff:rolleyes:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so I heard last night that a buddy who has been going to Wells Grey campsites for over 30 years decided to go last week and couldn't get in. He drove through both campsites and they were 3/4 empty. The guy working the booth said tons of sites are never full for days on end but since it's reserved there are no drop in's. he suggested that the minute the reservation system open's in early in the season to get online and book. My buddy was talking to some locals and they say no more just getting off work on Fridays and going up there for the weekend.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so I heard last night that a buddy who has been going to Wells Grey campsites for over 30 years decided to go last week and couldn't get in. He drove through both campsites and they were 3/4 empty. The guy working the booth said tons of sites are never full for days on end but since it's reserved there are no drop in's. he suggested that the minute the reservation system open's in early in the season to get online and book. My buddy was talking to some locals and they say no more just getting off work on Fridays and going up there for the weekend.

I had the same experience in Tofino, i just screw it and stayed anyway since no one came

Jsymes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was unfortunate. Since I have owned a home here in BC for the past 15 years one thing I have become aware of that really bothers some is that some Albertans spend the majority of their time here looking like they live here and still have the AB plates. Really bugs them that ICBC rear ends them and they can't get around it. Maybe that anger was directed at that?
Possible I suppose but I doubt it. Either way, not cool.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Headed to Kitimat two weeks. Coho time........:canada::canada:

i am headed to Kitimat at the end of september. Signed on for 18 months to PM the LNG plant for the company i work with. already have orders for crab and halibut from my sledding buddies here in Cowtown

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Happens all the time. My neighbors have 3 vehicles, 2 harleys, and 3 trailers in their yard, all with Alberta plates. They've lived here for at least three years now. Illegal after 30 days. I don't care personally, but don't bitch about it if other people assume you're a tourist from Alberta.

Jsymes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure it's illegal if you pay income tax in BC and don't have another home. But if you pay income tax in Alberta and you designate your primary residence as Alberta then legally your plates need to be Alberta plates.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure it's illegal if you pay income tax in BC and don't have another home. But if you pay income tax in Alberta and you designate your primary residence as Alberta then legally your plates need to be Alberta plates.

Oh they have another residence alright. They live in Creston in the winter, Moyie in the summer. Like I said, I don't care. But don't whine about it when you get caught. :nono:

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Most of the vehicles operated by one prominent business family in Fernie have Alberta plates. Not sure how they get away with it but I suspect the vehicles are owned by a corporation registered in Alberta.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most of the vehicles operated by one prominent business family in Fernie have Alberta plates. Not sure how they get away with it but I suspect the vehicles are owned by a corporation registered in Alberta.
If they are to be used in BC they still need BC plates after 30 days in the province.
They will get away with it until they have an accident and then they may find themselves without insurance.

broke'n'nuts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they are to be used in BC they still need BC plates after 30 days in the province.
They will get away with it until they have an accident and then they may find themselves without insurance.
No, no they don't. You just have to inform your insurance company that the vehicle will be used out of province. Have done it with AB plates to BC and BC plates to AB. You pay extra. But fully legal.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
i am headed to Kitimat at the end of september. Signed on for 18 months to PM the LNG plant for the company i work with. already have orders for crab and halibut from my sledding buddies here in Cowtown

I looked into a couple positions up there, 14 on 14 off with flights provided to Etown, would make for a decent sledding season....

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Definitely not how that works. For my insurance company I need to spend 6 months plus a day in Alberta, otherwise I'm covered to be anywhere in Canada for the rest of the year.

Top Bottom