Alberta SRD Questionare

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all who take the time to fill out the survey. I have printed 20 copies here at work and am encouraging fellow employees to fill it out also. It is rather frustrating how many people cant be bothered to do it,but I keep pushing anyway.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all who take the time to fill out the survey. I have printed 20 copies here at work and am encouraging fellow employees to fill it out also. It is rather frustrating how many people cant be bothered to do it,but I keep pushing anyway.

No offence to any one but this survey kinda effects everyone that uses this site. so in my opinion everyone should fill it out. not just the 33 people that posted. i stated a chain email with the link in it cause i know tones of people that will fill it out and even a couple that work at gov jobs.

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
done and i don't even quad or sled!!!! gonna get the kids to fill it out as well as family and friends that quad/sled

Dadbro

Reaction score
Filled out and printed copies. This even has ramifications to us in the Oil Patch. We use quads and argos all the time, we are not suppose to deveate from our trails while checking wells, some times this is hard not to do as the trails get unpassable especially in the muskeg. In the past 10 years that I have been doing this job I have not been comfronted by any officials.YET

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we need to actually speak to our MLAs, not just send emails. I've left a message for mine, Dave Quest, and I won't rest until I get to speak to him on the phone regarding this. Make sure if you speak to them you are respectful, and have some good points, don't just be angry about the changes. I'm going to speak along the lines of "yes, there are some that abuse the backcountry, leave garbage, make a mess, etc., but these are the minority, and public policy should not be based upon what the small minority are doing". The fact is that quadding and sledding do very little damage, especially when compared to industry. AND, most backcountry riders do follow existing trails, whether those created by industry or recreationalists, I know I don't go out there to make new trails, I go to ride. I don't go around cutting trees, etc., I don't have time. I may move a tree off of an existing trail, but I'm not interested in creating new ones. The PC Government in past has prided itself on not catering to self/special interest groups, so I'd use that on them as well. I don't really agree with or like this current Provincial Government, but the fact is they are the ones in power now, and are the ones we have to deal with now. We have to keep hammering them with the "keep Alberta free, penalize the bad apples, not the majority, don't cater to special interest groups" etc.

Last edited:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I am looking into organizing a large get together in Edmonton on this whole issue. I will find a free large hall and contact SRD. But if I do this we need people to attend. I would make it a Wednesday or thursday evening somewhere on the south side. Any one have access to a large call. Let's say 300 people.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not trying to make more work for you, but is there a way to send a mass private message to all members on the site to make them aware of this issue? I know not all are in Alberta, but many are. Some may not be looking at the site much in summer if they are just sledders, but this will impact them as well.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i filled the survey out,yeah some of the question are BS.How the hell they gonna monitor every area that a person camps at.So you show up stuff is wrecked them the officer shows up and charges YOU with the mess,come on...Serious

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WHY HASN'T EVERY ONE AT THE CAMP OUT NOT PLACED THERE NAMES ON THE MESSAGE SENT COLUMN???? WHAT IS THE PROBLEM, SEND EVERYONE ON THE LIST A PERSONNAL MESSAGE.

you all say it was a great time, make the effort and send in the survey. if your name is not on the sent list you should be ashamed. don't wait to send in the survey. alot of names are missing and you know who you are.

GET OFF YOUR FAT ASS AND SEND IT IN NOW!!!!!:realmad:

Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Done and done 3 more times today that browser history delete works great.

My mom works for Jack Hayden the MLA for the Stettler area and he quads and rides horses out there alot as the agriculture minister he had no idea this was out there.

So he sent copies to some of his goverment homies and Kevin Sorenson The MP.

Hope it does some good:beer::beer:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
post the s+m jamboree attendies names and have there names checked as they send in survey. these people should be the first to post survey sent, as this survey is a direct result of the event. if you want to attend next year why have you not confirmed sending in the survey.

42 names is not very good. yes very poor response. i am not impressed should be 1000+

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
21000 members and less than 50 surveys sent, WTF
well, maybe a LOT more have done ther survey, maybe not, but some o fus just can't be bothered to hit the thanks button! just saying.........cause i did the survey, but haven't hit the thanks button. does that make me a bad person?????????????

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you think your a bad person, do you have a reason to think your bad, how can you be a better person?

just like to see quad and sled riders get behind this thing, as it will affect your riding areas.
it is up to you, if you send in survey great if not then no crying when there are only 3 to 4 areas in the western slopes you will be allowed to ride in. as in snowmobiling.

still not many have said they sent in srd survey.

Last edited:

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Done and done 3 more times today that browser history delete works great.

My mom works for Jack Hayden the MLA for the Stettler area and he quads and rides horses out there alot as the agriculture minister he had no idea this was out there.

So he sent copies to some of his goverment homies and Kevin Sorenson The MP.

Hope it does some good:beer::beer:
Good job.

powder rider

Reaction score
I sent SRD minister Mel Knight an email to let him know about the survey and how disappointed I was in the whole affair. I encourage others to do the same. mailto:grandeprairie.smoky@assembly.ab.ca

Top Bottom