Pro and con to .....

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every can am guy I know carries a squirt gun to clean the rad cause they have constant issues. I haven't seen too many polaris overheat but at the rallies I've been to its probably 75% if not more can am. Especially in Saskatchewan it's more like 95%can am lol

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is true. But an easy fix with a rad relocate. Once you've done that you won't have them again. Polaris is the same

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Relocated both our can am quad rads never an issue since and nice when hunting on those cool mornings when the fan kicks in and blows a bit of heat back at ya.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

800HMX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I relocated the rad on my Outlander - end of all the overheating problems. It just seems like the Polaris is more sensitive to overheating (maybe rad location, maybe size do the rad). I don't think I have seen a Polaris with a rad relocate. The Rad Blaster works well and so does the submersible pump.

QUOTE=dale dalueg;2224992]Relocated both our can am quad rads never an issue since and nice when hunting on those cool mornings when the fan kicks in and blows a bit of heat back at ya.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your in the mud the rad needs to be relocated on any quad . Stock though the popo has a bigger , better rad located higher and easier to wash on a popo.

The build quality is better on a canam , though reliability is about the same between the two. The popo s handle much better , and are way easier to lift and add bigger tires etc etc.the narrow chassis is easier to stand up on a popo than the wider v twin of the Canam. Power wise they are about equal , though the canams have more power available in the aftermarket parts.
i much prefer the clutching of the popo , as most redo the stock clutches on the canams. The canams have a better axle / drivetrain parts quality all the way around...

I have owned many models of both brands and currently ride a 1000 scrammy... In my experience it is the. Nicest quad I have ever owned all things considered....
Both are great machines, I prefer the popo .... But it's a coin toss! I would say there is way less difference between the two in performance and reliability than most people realize.....IMO

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
If your in the mud the rad needs to be relocated on any quad . Stock though the popo has a bigger , better rad located higher and easier to wash on a popo.

The build quality is better on a canam , though reliability is about the same between the two. The popo s handle much better , and are way easier to lift and add bigger tires etc etc.the narrow chassis is easier to stand up on a popo than the wider v twin of the Canam. Power wise they are about equal , though the canams have more power available in the aftermarket parts.
i much prefer the clutching of the popo , as most redo the stock clutches on the canams. The canams have a better axle / drivetrain parts quality all the way around...

I have owned many models of both brands and currently ride a 1000 scrammy... In my experience it is the. Nicest quad I have ever owned all things considered....
Both are great machines, I prefer the popo .... But it's a coin toss! I would say there is way less difference between the two in performance and reliability than most people realize.....IMO
A GREAT and completely neutral opinion. Nice to read that on here. Doesn't happen very often.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

800HMX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They all have their advantages and weak points. CanAm and Polaris for performance and Yamaha and Honda for reliability. With performance comes increased maintenance and for the Grizzly, they just don't break down but maybe because they have half the power. Just don't see too many Honda's out there.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep. Grizzly was great for reliability. But after riding my outlander I hated it. Was glad to see it go. It was a great quad for me that never gave me any issues. Never needed to change the belt. The outlander does everything so well but does throw temper tantrums when pushed hard like deep clay mud or extremely hard winching. By this I mean it will set a code, but turn the key off then back in and it resets. As for the Hondas they are reliable because only old guys ride them on the trails at 20 kph. They cannot be ridden like the modern machines and therefore don't have the same issues lol. Ride my quad 20 kph everywhere and it will last 40 yrs too without having to do anything to it

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pro is buying many of the awesome quads on todays market,,, a con is driving it too its end long before the exploration date.

Drive it with care, service it, repairs when needed so you can look back at the day you bought it long ago.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Or just buy a mudpro, have big ground clearance, decent tires for traction and size, snorkel, clutching, and warranty like that. But as stated, buy from a good dealer.

Top Bottom